Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 28, 2020

Friday


Another cloudy morning as I walked to town.  66 degrees and windy.  

A couple of deer come out of the corn field and stopped to watch me as I walked by.


Once I got to town, walked around town and over to the ball park.  Walked around that loop a couple of times and then over to the cemeteries and walked around them a couple of times too.  Continued down past the Drane house to the barn where the bulls are to see how they were doing, but no bulls today.

 From there went to the pond where Ken was waiting and I got a ride home.  

Didn't see anyone else out in town.

Walked 5.7 miles

☁️     🙂     ☁️

Ken drove the tractor up to the cabin to get some work done up there.  I stayed home to get some house chores done and then walked up to the cabin late morning. Walked up the lane.  The woods on the right is part of Happy Trails.

 
And then went up the driveway on the right which goes to the cabin.
 
  Helped gather some stones and then we were ready to get a load of crush and run gravel from the quarry. We're not done at the quarry after all like I thought.  Anyway we walked back to the house and hooked up the trailer to the truck.  Were all set to go for the gravel when a thunderstorm came through so we decided not to go after all. 

The rest of the afternoon was rain, more thunder storms and there was even a time or two when the sun came out.

I ended up making some weave-it squares and just puttering about the house the rest of the day.

📖     📖     📖

August Bible Verse Challenge

Day 28 - Law

John 1:7 KJV

For the LAW was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

📖     📖     📖

I thank you again for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee - No high winds or heavy rain passing through that I know about.  Just the usual summer afternoon thunder storms.

SusanQ - I've heard of Leola and it is 210 miles from here.

14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the picture of the cabin. The fork in the road picture reminds me of the poem "The Road Not Taken." That poem is one of my favorites. See you again tomorrow!

ellen b. said...

It's fun to see the all these photos today especially your drive and the pull off to the cabin. Nice. That is a great verse you picked. Thanks so much for participating!

Granny Marigold said...

When the deer see you walking they probably say to one another " She's okay. Quite harmless. So we don't have to run away."

Tom said...

...and here I thought that we had a lot of deer, you are the winner!

Susie said...

Glad you got out to walk before the rains. You do the little squares so easily it seems. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Rose said...

I always enjoy seeing the Drane house. And I love that view on your way to the cabin. I would enjoy that walk.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I know those deer love the corn fields! We hiked this morning and it wasn't too bad...close to 80 degrees though! I wish I could try on some of the shoes you wear to walk in. One of these days I'll hopefully get to a store that carries them. Enjoy your weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those winding roads through the trees. A good thundershower is just what we need over here.it is very dry.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Thunderstorms and rain? You would be nearing Autumn there? We're still in the grip of Winter and we are certainly looking forward to Spring. At present I'm trying to raise some funds by selling things on e-Bay...I'll need a good amount of funds to do my HO scale model Railroad...I guess Ken knows all about it too. Best Wishes. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

rain? what's that? here, we are slowly heading into a drought. need some of your rainfall please! Love the deer at the corn field photo...just so relaxing to see.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

"Deer oh deer" as one deer said to the other deer!

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the deer near the corn field, great shot. We had some thunderstorms roll through yesterday, we really needed the rain. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

Bill said...

Great shot of the deer, they look inquisitive.

Henny Penny said...

I love the deer standing near the cornfield, watching you. I still think the area where you live is simply beautiful. Oh the hills and the woods. It's so pretty there. Love that verse.