Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Saturday

64 degrees this morning, cloudy, and breezy when I left walking. It looked like rain so took along my umbrella.  By the time I got to town I could see blue sky through the clouds and was thinking I needn't have bothered taking along my umbrella.

 
 That didn't last though because before long the whole sky turned black and it started raining.  Rained for about 15 minutes and then it was just cloudy.  

Walked around both of the cemeteries, down past the day care center and post office, the then around the ball park loop and home again.

Very quiet around town and didn't see any other people.

The barn is done.  It sure went up fast.

Interesting looking mushroom.  Reminds me of a brain.


Down by the apple tree where the deer eat the apples I saw a small buck.  I was walking in the middle of the road and he was at the edge of the road.  He looked up from eating, I said hi there deer, he watched me and then went back to eating.  I was really close to him.  Didn't stop to take a picture or anything because didn't want to do anything to scare him off.  

Walked 5.6 miles

☁️     πŸ™‚     🌧

After breakfast we drove down to the Dollar General and did a bit of shopping.  Some things are a lot cheaper than at the Shop and Save. Besides we had a coupon for $5 off if you spent $25.
 
Such changeable weather lately.  Another day of off and on rain and sun throughout the whole day.  Never knew what to expect from one minute to the next.
 
Remember that counted cross stitch I finished except for the outlining.  It's must be a few months ago now.  Anyway I pulled it out and worked on it this afternoon.  Will be nice to have it finally completed.  The outlining makes such a BIG difference!!
 
πŸ“–     πŸ“–     πŸ“–
Day 29 - Fear
Couldn't decide which verse to pick so today here's two.

II Timothy 1:6 KJV
For God hath not given us the spirit of FEAR,
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
 
Hebrews 13:6 KJV
To that we may boldly say,
The Lord is my helper, 
and I will not FEAR what man shall do unto me.

πŸ“–     πŸ“–     πŸ“–

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
SusanQ - I'm reading the Liberty Trilogy on my Kindle and got it at the Kindle store with unlimitedKindle.  It costs $9.99 per month but I got some months for free when I got my Kindle.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...that barn builder didn't mess around! Red, what a great color.

ellen b. said...

I am really impressed with how fast that barn went up especially the roof. They must have had some good help and good equipment. I always like a deal and $5 bucks off is a good deal! Woohoo...2 great verses! Thank you.

Vee said...

That barn looks good. I worried that the scene would be ruined, but I was wrong.

It poured rain all day today. Cool and rainy. I am not whining...we need the rain.

Nellie said...

That was fast work on that barn! We woke to rain this morning; thought it would rain all day, so it was a surprise when the sun appeared, and we’ve had no more rain!

Rose said...

That is a long barn...wondering if it is an implement shed. It seems to have gone up almost overnight. OH! I love that sky shot.

My mind immediately went to Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy.

Granny Marigold said...

I enjoy shopping at Dollar Stores too. Why pay more for items you can get there as long as they're the same quality.
I think your brain mushroom is so interesting. Must be the season for mushrooms because I've seen other bloggers posting pics too.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It rained here too, in between the rain showers.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello

We have finally had some nice rain, one day it just poured buckets.
Love the stormy sky! They did finish the barn quickly, it looks great.
Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Wow! The NEW BARN sure went up quickly - very fast and great work.
Been warm here to-day at 22 Deg C...cool tonight though and Winter hasn't finished with us yet. Best Wishes. KEV (Sydney-Australia).

Jeanette said...

Wow! That barn did go up fast! We got a lot of rain a few days ago and it sure makes a difference in how the grass looks! It's cool that you got so close to that buck!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you had your umbrella. Wow, that mushroom does look like a brain. I love both of the scriptures for today. Will look forward to see the counted cross stitch project when it is finished! Have a blessed Sunday. Hope you can go to church!

Bill said...

The barn was constructed in no time, looks nice.