Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 17, 2020

Wondering what's next?

My walk to town this morning started out with a temperature
of 67 degrees, a mix of sun and clouds and a nice breeze.

Nice to see the deer and rabbits most mornings as they
are starting their day too.
The birds are always a pleasure to hear with their happy chirping.

Getting to town I headed over to the library again and dropped
another DVD down the slot.
Then walked over to the ball park, walked a loop around there
and then headed home again.

Lisa and Dwayne were out again too.

Didn't plan on just taking pictures of wild flowers 
along the side of the road but that is what I ended up doing.




Walked 5.9 miles

๐ŸŒค     ๐Ÿ™‚     ๐ŸŒค

Nice not to have to go out and work on the deck!!
But ever so nice to walk out there and hang up the laundry.  ๐Ÿงบ

After all that outside work, today was the day to get my
housework done.  Went around like a whirlwind and got just about
everything done.

Cut some Queen Anne's Lace and put them in bottles of water
with food coloring.  
Blue, Red, and Green.
Hoping the flowers will turn colors.


Some of you may be wondering what our next project is.
We were going to build a wood shop but have decided not to.
We have small things to do around outside but nothing big and
that will be enough to keep us busy.

We have built so many things through the years and though we have
enjoyed everything we did, we just have had enough of the 
major projects.

 Started remembering and counted up all the things we have built.
We renovated a 100 year old house, and built an addition on it.
Did all the work ourselves, from the foundations to the roof.
Built 3 garages, one had two floors with a wood shop.
2 work shops
4 garden sheds
1 Tractor barn
A Cabin
3 Decks
2 patios

That's all I can think of right now.
Though Ken did most of the work I did my share too.
I've been up on roofs shingling and down to digging foundations
and everything else in between.
I have learned so much from Ken and he learned it all from
his Dad.  Ken's dad helped us build our first garage.

๐Ÿ”จ     ๐Ÿ›      ⛏     ๐Ÿ”ฉ 

      Found some time for reading, making a few weave-it squares,
and yes did sit out on the deck for a little while.

Supper was easy but good, frozen Digiorno's pizza.  

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone ❤️  

19 comments:

Vee said...

You sound like my sister who just so happens to be on a roof shingling right now. Seems that you need to have something to do, not as difficult for you with all your projects, but perhaps a bit more challenging for Ken. Maybe he'll hang his shingle out and make benches or coffee tables or swings. Maybe he'll relax for a bit. That'd be good, too. Have a pleasant evening.

Tom said...

...you found a nice crop of milkweed, the monarchs should be happy. All of those red berries on the honeysuckle will be a treat for the birds and they spread the seed far and wide, make honeysuckle an invasive plant!

Hill Top Post said...

There are many gardeners who would love to have flowers so beautiful as your wild ones. What a treat they are for the wild critters. I saw my bunny in the flower garden today. I was careful to close the gate so Millie wouldn't come in for I suspect Mamma Rabbit has a new burrow full little ones.

Rose said...

I like your wildflowers, too.

You and Ken have sure built a lot of things! We built our 24 x 40 garage...one of his buddies did the concrete work, and one came an showed us how to get the trusses set up on it after we got the outside framed...but we did everything else...till the actuall decking and roofing and he had buddies that helped. (They all helped each other do a lot of things.)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you and Ken are amazing. Wish I had known you when you had the 100 year old house. I am sure it was awesome when you were finished with it. Where was it located? We wanted to buy an old house and fix it up, but when we bought the house that was built in the mid-50s, we realized what a big job it is and neither Charly or I have building and construction skills and it was too expensive to hire contractors for all we wanted to do, so we moved here and now that old house is our income property. It needs updating, but it is OK for now and we will have it updated if we ever decide to sell it. That is so good that Ken learned those skills from his dad. I don't blame you for not wanting to take on another big project. I know you will enjoy the deck. I love the wildflower pictures and the Queen Anne's Lace on your window sill. Have a good weekend and I will see you again soon!

Susie said...

I loved seeing what all you and Ken have built thru the years. I like that you work right along side him. I want to tell of a funny story about Ted and I working together. We were putting in a fence along the little road by the property in town Five sections, I dug four post holes and stopped to paint a surround for the trash barrel. As I painted the surround Ted dug the last post hole. When we got finished we cleaned up and went to a local bar for supper. A man came up to Ted and said he had seen Ted digging post holes, couldn't he get me to do anything. Can you believe that? LOL Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Debi said...

You sure have been busy over the years. I think you deserve to take a break! Love all your wildflowers. We used to put daisies in colored water to dye the petals. I hope it works for your Queen Anne's Lace...that would be pretty. Happy weekend!

Granny Marigold said...

I guess it's nice to be done with big projects and maybe do some small ones.

ellen b. said...

That's a lot of major projects for sure. I can see why you might hold off for the next major one! Your sound like the perfect helpmate for your hubby and he for you. Glad you can sit back and enjoy the fruit of your labor.

Hootin Anni said...

Personally, I love house work...no, not cleaning, but work on a house. From putting up new siding and roofing, to painting. At 70+...I think I could do it still, but body says no way. Life now, is time to sit back & enjoy.

Love the wildflowers & the window sill. Keep us posted to let us know if blossom color changes.

Ruta M. said...

That's a serious amount of projects you've completed together. It must give you a great sense of achievement but maybe now's the time to scale back and enjoy your home in the woods. No doubt there will be plenty of smaller projects for you to do that don't involve such hard physical labour. You are an inspiration to your readers.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely flowers.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is nice to be outside listening to all the birds singing, they just sound happy. The wildflowers are beautiful. I know it feels good to have a project done. I think I would feel dizzy trying to work on a roof. My feet are better on the ground. Have a great day and a happy weekend!

Bill said...

Impressive list of projects that you two have done through the years. I didn't know that Queen Anne's Lace could turn colours with food colouring in the water. Now I do. :)

susan q said...

It's such a blessing that Ken is so handy. Yes a very impressive list of projects. Maybe a project will pop up or maybe not. Relax a bit. Be well.

Nellie said...

Enjoy your well-earned rest from major projects! Wildflowers along the road....what a blessing!

Jeanette said...

Love the wildflowers! I always have intentions to pick a bunch of them for my house someday! Curious to see if those Queen Ann lace do turn colors. You and your husband certainly have done a ton of projects. Think of the money you have saved!

Inger said...

I too love the wildflowers.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The wildflowers look similar to ones I got pictures of today.