Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Saturday

Another walk to town this morning.
It was 62 degrees and calm.
Walked through a cloud and then it was sunny for the rest of my walk.



When I got to town walked around both cemeteries a couple of times.

At the town pond I saw the heron who doesn't make an appearance very often.
Didn't get a picture but did stop to watch him take off flying.

Went down across from the Drane house to see if the bulls
were about today.
There were two of them.


They have a scratching post and don't have to use the fence post
like the my neighbor cows do.


Continued around town and over to the ball park and walked
the loop there a couple of times too.
Back around town a bit and then headed over to the Dollar General
where Ken was in the parking lot waiting for me.

We did some early shopping before more people came along.
Then I got a ride home.

Walked 5.9 miles


  Ken went outside after breakfast and harvested a pile of stones.
He is making the area down from the arched stone bridge
and deck a little bit neater.

I was inside getting the last of the house cleaning done for the week.

Afternoon I took it easy and read and sat on the porch.
Also had some more strawberries and cream.
 Ken played his new video came.
House Flipper
House renovations are easy with this game, no strenuous work!!

The Queen Anne's Lace that I put in the bottles of water
with food coloring did turn colors but with just a hint of color.
Didn't show up good for a picture.

Thanks for visiting.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️

Comment Replies:
Deb - The 100 year old house we renovated was located it Savage, Md.  I had just started blogging the last 2 years or so that we lived there. This was the only picture I found that you could see all of it.

I spent a good amount of time working in the front garden
and when I was done it looked liked this.
This is looking from at the garden from the porch

14 comments:

Tom said...

...from past posts I understand that Ken won't need to look too far to find stones.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is a nice looking old house, and I love the fun garden with that nice brick walk. Did you move into the town house after living there? I think you were in a townhouse in Ellicott City when I started reading your blog. Glad you had a nice Saturday. I hope your Sunday is good too. We are still doing church at home because the COVID virus is still surging around here. We are still trying to be careful and mask up. That game Ken is playing sounds like fun. You and Ken stay safe.

ellen b. said...

Thanks for adding the photos of the old house you renovated. So cute. I'm thinking I could use a scratching post. LOL! Good idea for the livestock! Sounds like a good Saturday!

Rose said...

I love the flower garden at the two story house.

Granny Marigold said...

I think I'll see if I can find your old posts about renovating that house and the garden. It looks great.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Too bad your flowers didn’t take up the color well. I’ve done some that worked really well, but can’t remember what kind they were.

Hootin Anni said...

Well...I learned from you that by adding food color to water, it will changes the blossom color. Hmmm. Lived the bull photos! Angus?

Hootin Anni said...

Lived should be Loved

Bill said...

Nice house, you two did a wonderful job. Never knew a bull could have his own sratching pad, very cool. :) Have a wonderful day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the cow photo! It is nice the cow has a scratching post. I like your old home and the garden. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the house and garden. You have always worked so hard to make everything more beautiful! Enjoy your day!

NanaDiana said...


That was a great old house and the gardened area is gorgeous. Our old historic house caught on fire this past week. I put two years of intensive labor into it and then we sold it to a neighbor. They got divorced and so I just heard that the fire was arson. It will be interesting to see what comes of that. xo Diana

Lowcarb team member said...

It was nice to see the house and garden.
Loved the photograph of the cow too, amazing how they always seem to look right at you when you take a photograph.

All the best Jan

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos.