Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Wednesday

A nice cool morning with a temperature of 57 degrees.
It was calm and sunny except for this little fog hanging around
in a valley.


A walk to town and around both cemeteries and then over
to the ball park loop.
Then walked around town and met Ken over at the Dollar General.
Had my face mask with me so we both went in the store to 
pick up a couple of things.
Then I got a ride back home.

Saw a doe and her fawn on the way to town and a couple
more deer farther up the road.

Saw a man walking his dog around by the ball park
and a woman and her young daughter walked behind me
as I neared Dollar General.

Walked 5.6 miles

☀️     🙂     ☀️

Ken went up to the other end of Happy Trails to do a bit more cleanup.

I was at home doing my usual morning chores
and got the laundry hung up outside.
So very nice having the line right on the deck.


Took a walk up to where Ken was working to see how he was doing,
stayed a while, and then walked back to the house.
Ken came home soon after for lunch.
Packed up a lunch to eat in the truck and to go for a little ride.

Stopped in at the library to pick up a book I had on hold.
Thrush Green by Miss Read.
I've heard many of you talk about her books but never did read any
so thought I'd give them a try.
Some day we may be able to go to the library and browse around again!!
Sure miss that.

The rest of the day was spent puttering about again.
Some inside and some outside.
A beautiful sunny day with a nice cool breeze.

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Look for the good in your day.
happyone  🍭

18 comments:

Susie said...

I like that you and Ken take a lunch to go and enjoy people watching while eating . Nice way to hang out laundry right where it's close. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Lowcarb team member said...

From the shadows made by your hanging washing it looked a good drying day!

All the best Jan

Hootin Anni said...

You had a day that was full of work, walking, shopping & all around a fruitful day. Sounds perfect to me. (I love fog!)

Tom said...

...a bit of a cool down and rain here, we still are about 10 degrees warmer than you. That foggy road scene is a delight.

Rose said...

I am anxious to see what you think of Miss Read...I think I tried to listen to one but have never tried reading one. Sometimes, if I get interrupted much with an audio book, I cannot get into it.

Vee said...

I love photos of clothes on the line. Absolutely floats my boat. Sometimes I put out my wooden rack on the deck and that's the closest I get to
clotheslines.

Hill Top Post said...

It would be so nice not to have to walk through wet grass every morning to hang out clothes. The best I might do is to stretch up a line on the back porch. Now that I am doing all of my walking in early morning, Millie seems to be a bit upset that I haven't been taking her over the hill to the pond for a late afternoon walk; sure will be glad when it's cool enough for us to do that again.

John's Island said...

As you will know I took a long blog break recently. During that time I started missing some of the aspects of blogging. Your post today is a good example of what I missed. Just stopping by and seeing your daily photos and the story of your walk is a little bit of daily joy. Life is truly good. Thank you for sharing a blog that moves us in the direction of harmony.

Granny Marigold said...

Does your clothesline hang high enough so you can walk under it?
It sure will be handy having it so close to the door.
That first photo of the foggy morning is just lovely.

Lynn said...

Love reading about your walks. Hope you enjoy Miss Read, I love her books.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Sounds like you had a great day. You deck looks beautiful. A car ride and a picnic are wonderful. I have never heard of Miss Read! Take care,stay safe! Have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You've been very busy lately.

God bless.

Brenda said...

I enjoy the Miss Read books...read some of them recently again. I also just finished rereading the Miss Julia books...she is so funny. My daughter got me into those a few years ago...hilarious-some of them...read them in order if possible. love your blog.

Bill said...

Love those shadows from the laundry. My wife has read those Miss Read books and loves them. Have a wonderful day!

susan q said...

Another great day for you. I too miss browsing my library. My requests are picked up outside the library. One branch so close to me has not opened yet. No reason given;( My librarian was a former retired school teacher, very knowledgeable and friendly. Will request Miss Read. Love the clothes line. Be well.

Ruth Hiebert said...

To have a line so readily accessible would be wonderful .

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a nice varied day for the two of you! I have one Miss Read book. So nice to have that clothes line right out the door on the deck! Enjoy the last day of July!

William Kendall said...

I like that misty view.