Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, July 26, 2020

12 Reasons

Sunny and blue skies today with a few clouds and a nice cool breeze.






12 Reasons I no Longer go to Sporting Events

1.  Every time I went, they asked me for money.

2. The people sitting in my row didn't seem very friendly.

3. The seats were very hard.

4. The coach never came to visit me.

5. The referees made a decision I didn't agree with.

6. I was sitting with hypocrites - they only came to see what I was wearing.

7. Some games went into overtime, and I was late getting home.

8. The band played some songs I had never heard before.

9. The games are scheduled on my only day to sleep in and run errands.

10. My parents took me to too many games when I was growing up.

11. Since I read a book on sports I feel I know more than the coaches.

12. I don't want to take my children, because I want them to choose for themselves 
what sport they like best.

People wouldn't use these silly reasons not to go to a sporting event,
but we've probably heard or maybe even used one or two of these excuses ourselves why we don't go to church.  Before I got back to going to church again, my most common excuses were were 2, 6, 10, and 11.

Luke 14:18a
KJV
And they all with one consent began to make excuse.

A Blessed Sunday to all.
God Bless You.
happyone  ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee - no, heat wave here by us. Our summers have just about perfect weather like today.  Rarely does it get too hot.  We don't even need AC.

Kerri - Oh yes, I'm liking my Kindle - a lot more that I thought I would!! ๐Ÿ™‚

16 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful lesson for Sunday.

God bless.

susan q said...

Yes Karen. I could apply these reasons for not attending church.

Tom said...

...and #13 might be, I didn't feel welcomed!

John's Island said...

Victor said a good lesson for Sunday. Good for the other days too. :-)

Susie said...

I laughed about some of those excuses. Gee, I have probably said a few. LOL. Good sermons certainly help . Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Rose said...

I wondered where you were going with these...

Vee said...

Oh. I thought you were really talking about sports. You can tell the crowd I'm running with. ๐Ÿ˜‰ And, no, I am no longer watching sports except for my grandson's games.

You are blessed to have such nice weather. Ours is nice, too. It's just hot and humid. ☀️๐ŸงŠ☀️

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yes, I have heard some of those excuses for not going to church. I do believe that people are looking for an excuse not to go. Very sad indeed.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love this, and yes, these excuses are used too often. I miss church and we found out today we won't be able to go back to meeting in person until at least September.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I played Football for eight years and was good at it and represented the Zone a number of times- Yet no-one asked me if I liked it...I didn't. Guess sometimes we go along with things to appease other people - instead of pleasing ourselves. Regards. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

Now, you won't believe this one...Texas had on their ballot to NOT do daylight savings time. It was voted to keep it...reason: games interfered with church. But, it wasn't church that was priority. Game time took precedence. Sad.

eileeninmd said...

Hello

I do not like sports at all. I do not like crowds of people. I do feel like you can pray anywhere, you do not have to be in a church. I was raised Catholic, we had to go to Sunday Mass with our class, put our money in the envelope into the baskets passed around. We did have a choice of a folk mass, the music was easier on the ears. Yes, I remember!

Bill said...

I have the same experience as Eileeninmd. Went to Catholic school too and did the same exact thing. It was a Catholic template back in those days. I prefer to worship and talk to God without being confined in a church.

ellen b. said...

Enjoyed this perspective on this issue using sports instead of church. No matter what your excuses are God has established the way to eternal life and we need to assess whether we are true followers of Jesus. There are many good Bible believing, Bible preaching churches to find and enjoy gathering with.

Hootin Anni said...

To answer your question:

happyone7/27/2020

Looks like a nice place to go walking.
Do you eat breakfast before you go? I always wait till after I walk. Don't drink anything till I get home either, but I guess with you walking in such hot weather you have to bring something.
ReplyDelete
Replies

Hootin' Anni7/27/2020

Oh yes....I eat 'cause I have to have food with my heart meds. And for decades I've always taken water with me...before Texas we lived in Arizona...desert....water is a must...again, heart meds dehydrate.

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed your photographs and an interesting take on excuses :)

All the best Jan