Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 20, 2020

Hair


On my walk to town this morning it was 69 degrees with
a mix of sun and clouds and a nice breeze.

When I got to town I didn't walk through it but just walked
around both of the cemeteries.

The geese were around the pond again.


Saw Lisa and Dwayne around one cemetery and
Rebecca walking around the other one.

The corn is looking good and it is about eye level now.
Walked a couple of rows in the field to take the picture.

Quite a few deer about this morning.
They must like soy beans because they looked pretty happy 
in the field eating it.

As always it was nice to be out walking early in the morning.

Walked 5.6 miles

☁️     🙂     🌤

Ken worked out back with the stones he collected the other day.
In the next few days we will be making a run to the
stone store for a trailer load of gravel to finish it off.

I was inside moving a few things around in the living room
while I dusted behind them.
Then put them back in different locations.

A beautiful sunny afternoon with a bunch of white fluffy 
clouds in a bright blue sky.
That breeze hung around and was great to feel it through
the house with the windows all open.

Funny Memory
Bad hair day?
Some years ago Ken and I went on our one and only cruise.
(Glad to have gone but wouldn't go again.)
One day it was very windy and Ken took this picture of me with
my hair blowing around while we walked on deck.

Later that day we passed by this poster and I started laughing
because there was my hairdo.

 Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Look for the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️

22 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

You didn't like your cruise? I have always liked them...but, wouldn't go on one now to save my soul. Love the wind-blown look!

I'm surprised the deer weren't eating the corn...not ready yet, most likely.

You two do so much work, you put Bud & I to shame.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The farm has a lot of rolled hay, cute shot of the geese.

The hair photo is funny. I would not go on a cruise even if it was free. Take care! Enjoy your day and have a great new week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Charly and I have never had any desire to go on a cruise. Now after how hard COVID hit cruises, I don't think we ever will. I love the look on your face in that picture. So classic, and it looks like you were right in line the poster. Hope you have a good evening.

kimshappyhome.blogspot said...

That is hilarious! Who would have known your windblown look was such a fashion statement.

Tom said...

...every day is a bad hair day for me!

ellen b. said...

Oh boy. Loved seeing and hearing about that Cruise memory. You were really on trend! :) Thanks for the chuckle.

The Furry Gnome said...

You look great!

Debi said...

We have been on two cruises, loved both of them but have no desire to take another one. The world is too unstable for me right now. I loved your hair photo... so fun!

Susie said...

See you could have been a super model. :) I love that. I just saw a deer in the bean field across from our house. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Rose said...

Wind will do that to a person...I don't even need wind...I just wake up and it is styled...sticking straight out.

Ruth Hiebert said...

With all the with we have had my hair looks that way a lot.

Granny Marigold said...

That's so funny. Your hair and the hair on the poster really do look alike!
I love a summer sky with the fluffy white clouds. It's actually more interesting than a clear blue sky.

Vee said...

The hair is pretty funny! Care to elaborate on why you wouldn't cruise again or did you do that already? Mind's like a sieve.

Lisa said...

Ok the hair photo made me giggle but then when I saw the comparison photo, I went into a full blown laugh. That is just too funny.
I have never been on a cruise. I think I would rather fly to a destination and enjoy it more.
Lisa

Cathy said...

My husband and I were set to go on an Alaskan cruise in September of this year. It would have been our first, but it has been cancelled because well you know!🙃

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I like Cruising on the Ocean. Been to New Caladonia, New Zealand and Tasmania. Great Cruising - it is going to be a long while before Cruising comes back to regular service. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless.

NanaDiana said...

LOL- Gotta love the hairdo! Glad you had an nice walk and it sounds like hubby is making good progress on his project. Have a great day- xo Diana

Nellie said...

What a funny hair picture! We’ve never been on a cruise; can’t say that we’re too eager to plan one😉 We have deer in our area. They do appreciate the things growing in gardens. Sure would love some fresh local corn!

Bill said...

The wind won't do anything for my hair, it's already missing. :)

Jeanette said...

We've been on two cruises and would love to go again! Cruising is not for everyone, though! That hair picture is hilarious!

Retired Knitter said...

Great hair shot!!!! Too funny.