Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 27, 2020

Beautiful Summer Day

Another walk to town this morning.
66 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds and it was calm.
When I came around the last the bend coming back home it got breezy.
Most every day we seem to have a breeze up here at Happy Trails.

Walked around the lower cemetery and around town.
Pretty quiet this morning, didn't see any any one else out.
The bakery is closed Monday's so no one was even there.







Deer, rabbits, and wild turkeys were roaming about
and of course the birds were singing for all of us.

Walked 5.7 miles

🌤     🙂     🌤

My foot is almost back to normal where the wasp stung me.
It was swollen and now it is VERY ITCHY!!

Got some of the never ending house cleaning done this morning.
By lunch time I'd had enough of cleaning and after lunch
went outside to putter about a bit.

Another pretty day.
Sunny, 80 degrees with a nice cool hefty breeze.




We sat out on the front porch for a while this afternoon watching
a couple of deer wander about out front after their nap.
 They walked about taking a nibble here and there (left all the
daisies and cone flowers alone) and stopped to have a drink in the little pond.
They saw us but weren't bothered and acted like we weren't even there.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Look for the good in your day.
happyone  🍭

14 comments:

Debi said...

Loved your flower photos... daisies are my favorite.

Susie said...

Glad your foot is better. How fun to just sit and watch nature. It's wonderful. Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

Tom said...

...life looks and sounds good in your neck of the woods.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thankfully your foot is better now.

God bless.

susan q said...

So glad you are not allergic to wasps. Great flower pics. Not too hot in your neck of the woods. Just right temps. Be safe and well.

Hootin Anni said...

I love seeing deer in their natural habitat. So pretty. Bet the cone flowers were gorgeous. Sounds like perfect weather. And...ohh, now I itch!!

Granny Marigold said...

I remember that in the past my wasp stings have been very itchy for days afterwards.
That corn is a nice size for the end of July. Everything is looking good.

ellen b. said...

Love seeing the cornfields! Sounds like a good summer day!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The deer must be very comfortable seeing your, they know they are safe.
I am glad our flowers were not eaten. I am looking forward to some sweet corn on the cob. Have a great day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Those Corn fields look superb- great to see the farmer's crops.
Nice Bird House- did Ken make it some time ago? Stay well there. Regards. KEV.

Bill said...

The corn field is looking good. I love fresh corn with some butter. Nice looking bird house. Glad your foot is feeling much better, itching can drive you crazy though. Enjoy your day.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Isn't it great to take walks each day? I love it when I'm out walking and always see something different each and every day. Isn't nature just awesome?

I'm not sure we could have made it through Covid IF it weren't for being out in nature... I love seeing all of the flowers in bloom in our yard. I love sitting on the swing and doing my morning devotions. I love watching the birds at the feeders..... Life IS good --if we just get outside and take it all in!!!!!!

Keep walking ---Stay healthy.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that cluster of Daisies in front of the rocks. Wow, that's pretty.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased your foot is almost better.
I did enjoy looking at your flower photographs.

All the best Jan