Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Wednesday

The weather for my walk this morning was
cloudy and very windy.
Almost lost my ball cap a couple of times!
The temperature was 65 degrees so the wind felt good.

Walked to town, straight through town
and over to the Dollar General where I turned around.
Walked on the side street back through town and then
on home.

Saw Rebecca walking she was far away and don't think she
even saw me.

Heard the wild turkeys but never did see them.

The cows are back in this pasture again.
It was very muddy for a while but now the grass has
grown in so the cows are back.


This is one of my favorite roads to walk along.
It is right after I turn off the main road and head home.
So nice and quiet after the listening to the cars and trucks.
The only thing I hear are all the birds.


Walked 6 miles

☁️     🙂     ☁️

 Got some house cleaning done in the morning.
It was much to windy to get any more work done outside
and we have to wait for the concrete to cure anyway so
we stayed in the house.

I did try sitting out on the porch but again the wind
drove me inside.

Ken has a new play station game, one where you drive around
off road in different vehicles doing tasks and uncovering vehicles
that have been abandoned and lost.
It is actually fun to watch him play and is better than
watching television.
I watched him playing for a couple of hours in the afternoon
and got quite a few weave-it squares made!

Thanks for stopping by
and another thanks to those who leave comments. 🙂
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone ❤️

Deb - The card came in the mail today!  Took a while didn't it!?  Thanks so much it was beautiful card.

17 comments:

Vee said...

Definitely good to stay out of the forest on a windy day. Your days always impress me...you get so much accomplished with time for quiet evenings reading or watching tv. Course that dish of ice cream, that one you didn't mention today, is always on my mind. You've left me wondering what was on the menu. Fun to think of you watching Ken play his new game while you stay busy on your weave-it blocks.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds another good day.
I like the photograph with the cows, they look contented.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...your first images is beautiful!!!

ellen b. said...

Your favorite road to walk on looks very peaceful and nice. Glad you had things to do inside while the wind howled outside. Nice that your power stays on, too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That winding road through the trees looks just wonderful . If my knee wasn’t so sore, i would love to walk there.

Terra said...

You have such a pretty country road to walk along, surrounded by the lush green growth.

Rose said...

That sure is a beautiful view up that winding road...and I wonder what the cows are thinking as they look at you. It was 89º here today and felt like 97! Tonight it has thundered and rained so, so hard.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I like the Farm Scene photo with all the Cattle and the Dwellings in the distance - very American looking Farm. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

" Life is Good
Find the good in your day."

Amen.

God bless.

Adam said...

I haven't seen a wild turkey lately either

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It did get really windy here but we missed the bad storm. I like the quiet road, just listening for the birds while you walk is peaceful.
I always love the cow farm scene. Have a great day!

Brenda said...

Love the photos. I live in Indianapolis...Day 80 something for isolation. Family brought groceries last night...yes...hope you are staying healthy and safe. I miss WV where I grew up...although I lived in Ohio and South Carolina also, I returned to Hurricane, WV in 1999...retired as a teacher...came here lat 2017 to be near family...my other family lives in Florida...had to cancel those tickets but hope soon. prayers

Kerin said...

Such a pretty walking route!
Love those cows! :)

Have a sweet day.

~K.

Bill said...

Another wonderful morning walk. Love seeing the cows.
Have a wonderful evening.

Happy@Home said...

I know that almost nothing keeps you from walking so I'm not surprised that the wind didn't either.
Sounds like you and Ken know how to fit some fun in along with the work.

Pom Pom said...

The red barn and green grass in the cow picture = beautiful!

Retired Knitter said...

I used to enjoy watching my husband play his games and ask questions. He can't do that any more now that he is legally blind. He really misses playing on his X-Box.