Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Three holes

50 degrees this morning and calm.
 A few light rain showers walking to town but no rain on the way
home and peeks of blue sky and sun by the time I got home.

Walking down my driveway at the start of my walk.


Walked to town but not through it.
Stayed around the cemeteries.
Twice around one of them and 4 times around the other and
then walked back home.

No one else about today.
Just me and the birds, cows, deer, and rabbits.


Couldn't decide which picture I like better so posted both.



Walked 6 miles

🌧     ☁️     🌤     🙂

After breakfast a quick trip to the Shop and Save.  
Didn't need much this week so it was in and out.

I did some morning chores when we got back and
Ken went outside on his tractor and started digging the holes
for the post for the deck.
I joined him outside a little later.
The three holes were dug by lunch time and after lunch
we poured the concrete for the footings.
We used 15 bags of concrete!

In the old days, after a days work, we would shower
and then go out and eat somewhere.
Today I made us hamburgers and French fries here at home.
They were good though so hate to complain.
At least we're healthy and have food to eat!!
Then there's always that ice cream to look forward to later! 🍨

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Rose - I do counted cross stitch wearing my reading glasses.  I do have an Ott light though and that makes such a difference!!

21 comments:

Tom said...

...lovely views of your area and the purple Dame's Rocket. Take care Karen.

Rose said...

I like both those views of that one scene...just a tiny bit of difference in them but I could not decide which I like better either. That rabbit is sure cute...and a great view to start your day with to.

Debi said...

You live in such a pretty area. Burgers and fries are always a good choice for dinner! Can't wait to see you deck!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The two pictures you couldn’t decide on. I like the first one a whole lot.

Hootin Anni said...

Ice cream! Burgers and fries! And I wasn't invited. I would've even walked to town with you & helped mix the concrete for a meal like that.

Hootin Anni said...

Well shoot, I was so busy drooling I forgot to say my favorite is the one with all the wildflowers.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Burgers and fries at home sounds just right! I love both of those pictures your posted. The wildflowers are beautiful!

ellen b. said...

That view at the bottom of your drive is pretty. Loved all the photos today. Sounds like a good day. That's a lot of concrete to mix!

Vee said...

Beautiful pictures of the countryside. You folks got a lot done today.

Granny Marigold said...

I saw lots of rabbits and squirrels on my morning walk but no cows or deer. It began to rain after we came home and rained for a while before clearing up. Funny weather.

Hill Top Post said...

It was surely a picture-perfect day for a long walk. I love the wildflowers.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- A busy day for you- looking forward to seeing the completed Decking- Veranda. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the view at the end of your driveway, but the cow is missing.
Love the bunny and wildflowers. Burger, french fries and ice cream all sounds great to me. Wishing you a happy day and week ahead!

Kerin said...

Those last two pictures are so beautiful and serene looking.

Yay! Happy for you to have the post holes dug, and filled with cement!

Have a lovely day.
~ K.

Kathy said...

You live in such a pretty area! How peaceful to have such nice morning walks! Enjoy your day!

Pom Pom said...

I love how you look forward to your ice cream, Karen!

Bill said...

Your countryside is very pretty. Great photos!

Jeanette said...

Love both of those pictures! You live in a beautiful area.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh I'm glad you shared both of the photos of the view with the wildflowers! How gorgeous! It was in the 80s when I walked, a lot different here but not bad! lol Hope you've had a good day. I think we are all eating healthier at home. Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm pleased you included both photographs … lovely scenes.

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

You have such lovely views where you live.