Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 01, 2020

Tractor is back


Was surprised that it was only 37 degrees this morning 
when I walked, but it was calm and the sun was shining.
The air cool and crisp and beautiful
and a great morning for walking to town.


Once I got to town, I walked down the side road over
to the ball park and walked the loop there.
A man was running around the loop too.
Sometimes I see him almost every day and then don't see
him for a long time and then he's back again.

Looks like some kids were playing around here and left their
mark on the paved path.  😃
All along the path were words and pictures.

Walked up to the cemetery on the hill and walked around there
and then headed back home again.

The wild daisies are blooming now all along the side of the road.

Saw another man walking his little dog around the block again.
His dog doesn't even bark at me and is very friendly!

Walked 6 miles
When I got home the temperature was up to 45 degrees.

☀️     😀     ☀️

By the middle of the afternoon the temperature
had reached the mid 60's.

A picture of the finished cross stitch except for the outlining
which I will finish (hopefully) this week.
It amazing how much better it looks with the outlining done.


I always wonder what the back of peoples work looks like.
Here's the back.


The tractor has been in the shop for the past 5 weeks waiting for
a part so it could be fixed.
Today we got a call saying the part came in this morning
and was put in and the tractor is ready to go.
So we went to pick it up.
Ken is happy to have his toy back.
😃
Hopefully tomorrow will be nice so we can get
 the holes dug for the posts and we can began to build the
deck out back.

Life is Good
Find the good in your day and be happy.
happyone ❤️

16 comments:

Tom said...

...sidewalk chalk has become so popular. Your cross stitch is beautiful and just in time for July 4th. Take care Karen.

Adam said...

Great capture on those daisies.

Rose said...

Oh, I love your finished needlework! Just the way it is. Your back looks soooo neat! This almost make me want to start something like that for the evening. Do you use a magnifying glass? When I was doing the applique, I almost needed a magnifying glass. I am okay if I can sit during the day where there is lots of natural light...but at night I struggle part of the time.

And one of my brothers is over 70 and doesn't wear reading glasses even!

dot said...

Your cross stitch is a beautiful piece of work! I can't believe how neat it looks on the back! Mine always looked a mess. lol.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The back of your cross stitch looks a lot neater than most that I have done.

Granny Marigold said...

I have my F/C chart right close to my computer so I can see what temperatures you post. Your 48 is my 3 which is pretty chilly. Here it was only 9 (46F) so we opted not to eat on the porch. No use shivering. By the time we left at 8:30 it was already 5 degrees warmer and lovely for walking.
We also see a lot of sidewalk chalk art on our walks.

Vee said...

Very tidy work, Karen. Oh I know Ken is excited to get the tractor back. He must have plans for it for the entire summer.

We've had freeze warnings...I've been bringing my Mother's Day flowers in every night. The flower garden is on its own.

ellen b. said...

Love the cross stitch so much. Well done! Glad you got the tractor back. Dear would love a tractor to play with!! Happy June to you.

Cathy said...

I am impressed how nice your back looks on your stitch! It turned out beautiful! It will fit in your home so nice and cozy! Enjoy.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. The cross-stitch looks great. So glad Ken got his tractor back. So nice you can now get started on the new deck. That will be great! See you again soon!

Hill Top Post said...

Your needlework is beautiful, and so neat ~ even on the back. I love your first picture.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Your Cross Stitching project is very much excellent - it has taken some time to do I'd imagine. Good that Ken has his Tractor back and that you can get onto building the Back Veranda for this Summer. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a wonderful week.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your cross stitch looks beautiful. Yesterday did start off very cold, did not feel like it was the first day of June. Good luck with the deck. Have a happy day!

Bill said...

Your cross stitch is beautiful, nice job!
Have a wonderful day,

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your cross stitch and that photograph of the daisies is lovely.

All the best Jan