Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The Scratching Post

A nice sunny morning walk.
55 degrees and a bit of wind.
Perfect walking weather.

Just left my driveway and walking down the hill.
The same hill I'll be walking UP later!


Walked to town and took the side street around and over
to the ball park.  Went around that loop, walked down the other side
street back to the main road and home again.


Very quiet out this morning.
Didn't see any people about even the animals weren't around much.
Did see a wild turkey though running across the street.
They can move pretty fast!!

Walked 5.4 miles

☀️     🙂     ☀️

I made bunch of weave-it squares this afternoon.
Still have a bit of the Carron yarn I use for the baby blankets
sitting around so using that up.
Will have to buy some more yarn before I start the next blanket.

Walked around outside a bit this afternoon to take a break from making
squares and reading and went to see the neighbor cows.
Number 21 stayed by the fence.
This first picture shows a clear shot of the post.

Here she is in the next picture using the post to get a good scratch.

I've watched quite a few different cows use the post that way.
A couple of them will even stand in line and wait their turn!!

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
Susie - Sunrise is before 7 so when I leave at 6:30 it is already light.  No, not afraid walking.  The animals are more afraid of me.  Roaming dogs are the animals I worry about.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...scratch where it itches!

ellen b. said...

That is hilarious that the cows will stand in line for a good scratch! Very civilized. If I was to walk into downtown Colville, it would be 5 miles from our house!

Susie said...

I would probably be running more than walking. I always thought I would be a good runner if a big dog chased me. LOL. Funny about the cows. When you make the baby blanket will you show us? Thanks. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Deb J. in Utah said...

That looks like a good way to scratch an itch! See you again soon.

Rose said...

That is so funny with the cows and that post!

Vee said...

Such a good scratching post! How fun that the gals even wait in line for a turn. It's the little things!

Have you been having some thunderstorms? Your mornings look a lot like mine.

Yay for using up the yarn putting it to good use. I saw a baby girl blanket done in yellow, pink, and white. So light and summery. I might have to take up baby blanket making myself. 💛💗🤍

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Looks like a nice walk. Love the cows, it is nice they share the scratching post. Have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great photos.

God bless always.

Hootin Anni said...

With your comment response, yes, roaming dogs. You really can't trust them. Beautiful walk...at least it wasn't uphill both ways (jk)! And now I know just what they mean when they speak of a scratching post! I would like to see them waiting in line.

Inger said...

Lovely pictures of the countryside. And how interesting that the cows will stand in line to get a good scratch. Most animals don't know how to line up I don't think.

Bill said...

The cows must love that sratching post if they wait in line. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Cows can be fascinating to watch.

Lowcarb team member said...

Funny with the cows and that post!

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

I never knew there was such a thing as a scratching post for cows!