Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Deer

Sunny, 54 degrees, and calm this morning when I left on my walk.
Stepping out the door there was a deer standing in the middle
of the driveway.
Knew it wasn't one of our regular visitors because she took off running.
Still, a nice way to start my walk off.

Another walk to town and as I arrived Rebecca was heading
out of town.

Walked around both cemeteries.
Saw Rebecca again as I was leaving the cemetery and she
was just getting there.

Went down by the Drane house.


Took a peek at the Drane garden.
Gravel still has to be put down on the plastic. 



Then walked back home
Walked 5.7 miles

Forking Larkspur


๐ŸŒค     ๐Ÿ™‚     ๐ŸŒค

Did the usual house work chores in the morning.

We packed a lunch and went to McDonald's and
ate it in the parking lot watching people come and go.
We used to have lunch sometimes at McDonald's but we haven't
been since all this virus business started.

Before coming home we stopped in at the lumber yard in town
to see about the decking.  It is supposed to be delivered there tomorrow
so hopefully we can pick it up sometime tomorrow
and get to work on our deck.

This afternoon our 4 deer came by and we watched them walking
around the yard for a while.
They like to stop and get a drink out of the bird bath.
(right bottom)

Eventually they all went on the other side of the house
to take their afternoon nap.

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone❤️
 Comment Replies:
Vee - Yes, we do get a thunder storm roll through most days lately.  Got a rain shower in the afternoon today but no thunder.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...it's alway nice to see the Drane House, does the garden have historic plants? That larkspur sure brightens the dat!

Rose said...

So nice to have deer that come visit. My brother and his wife have some that come to their yard and sleep out back in the hayfield. I love the Drane house...and love that garden. I wish I had raised beds to plant strawberries in. At the least. LOL

Susie said...

That garden is going to awesome. I like how it is set up. The deer are enjoying your yard. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

ellen b. said...

I love to people watch so maybe I should take a picnic somewhere. :)
It's fun to see the deer come and go. I think I need a new bird bath. I do hope you can pick up your decking!!

Granny Marigold said...

The Drane garden is very organized and will no doubt look lovely when it's finished.
I think you are so fortunate to have 'your' deer. Not that I want deer in my yard. They'd make short work of my flowers.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The Drane Garden looks wonderful. I love the deer, they are so pretty.
The Larkspur is beautiful. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We packed lunch and went to a restaurant to eat it and they threw us out. They were unreasonable. Don't you think?

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Very nice photos of the Deers. Hope your Veranda Decking arrives soon so that Ken can complete the Project for you. Best Wishes. KEV.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

What a pretty garden space that looks to be with the raised beds. Deer are such lovely graceful creatures! Love your photos

Hootin Anni said...

Be still my heart! Deer...drinking from my bird bath! And ALL we get is a 'possum once in a while or the neighbor's cat. Lucky you. Such a pretty larkspur flower. Hope the decking material arrives. I'm anxious to see the work progress.

Sandi said...

I love that the deer know they are safe there. ❤️

dot said...

I think that is so funny that ya'll eat in the McDonald's parking lot. I bet ya'll have a better meal than what's inside.

Bill said...

I love the Drane garden and the deer are beautiful. Nice shots!

Lowcarb team member said...

Always nice to see the Drane House.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

The Drane garden is beautiful! I love those deer in your yard!