Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Bored!?

60 degrees this morning when I left the house for my walk.
A little fog around at first.


Sun coming through the fog.


Then a mix of sun and clouds.


Walked to town as usual and this time walked the loop around town
that takes me along the side road, past my old house,
up the other side road and back to the main road.
Then it's just a walk back home.

A few deer, rabbits, and all the birds were around as usual.
Only saw Rebecca out walking today and it was from
a distance.

Walked 5.5 miles
I was walking along thinking I hadn't found a penny in a while.
Looked down and what did I see, a penny!  🙂

⛅️     🙂     💰

Tuesday again and off to the Shop an Save for this weeks
grocery shopping.
Went right after breakfast.

Clouded up as the day wore on and we had some
rain showers in the afternoon.
Before it rained we went outside.
Ken did some weed wacking out front and I did some weeding.

Went over to the fence by our neighbor cows to say hi
when I got the mail.

We were sitting in the living room about an hour before supper,
Ken was playing his video game,
and I had just put down my book.
I said to Ken that I didn't feel like reading, or knitting,
or doing anything I usually do.
He said just sit there and relax.
I told him I didn't even have any motivation to relax.
He starting laughing and said,
"Karen, that is called being bored."
That just struck me so funny.
Guess I'm not bored very often.

Anyway I'm not bored anymore and will be making weave-it squares
this evening after my ice cream snack.
Working on July's baby blanket.

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
Cathy - Our summer temperature is very pleasant.  Mostly high 70's to mid 80's.  Some days cooler, some hotter, but rarely does it get in the 90's.  We live in the woods and with all the trees it is about 5 degrees cooler than down in town.  Don't even need AC, but we do have ceiling fans.

Eileen - We are getting Trex for the decking.  It is the same that is on our front porch.
Seems like a lot of things are taking longer to get lately.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...you need motivation to relax?

Susie said...

So Funny Karen. Hmm, I have a daughter named Karen. I thought your name was happy. LOL What your husband said just mad me laugh too. I never think of you as bored. You are always moving. Now that you told us of the bears....aren't you scared to set out walking when it's still kind of dark?? Bless you, xoxo, Susie

Happy@Home said...

No motivation to relax. That made me smile. I don't seem to have a problem with that one. I can see with all that you do every day that it might be an issue for you :).
How cool about the timing of that penny.

Vee said...

That was cute dialogue. You are like the least bored woman know! Hope you enjoyed it. 😊

Ruth Hiebert said...

By now, you know I love those foggy images. I know the feeling where I really don’t want to do anything. Doesn’t happen often, thankfully.

Michelle said...

No boredom around here, but I know what you mean. Sometimes you just get tired of the same routine. I've been having an ice cream snack lately, too. Love it :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

I'm not bored very often either - too many things going on - like just now, as I sat down to catch up on blogs, I remembered that I have laundry to fold so I am off to do that. Never a dull moment around here. ;-) Have a good one. See you soon!

ellen b. said...

Haha! Glad you got a clear picture on what being bored looks like. :)

Henny Penny said...

Not having the motivation to sit and relax, that's so funny. But, I have felt that way before. We just finished having ice cream. The deer in your last post are so pretty.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- great photos from this mornings walk- always a pleasure to view these. I do not know- somehow I don't experience boredom- seems I always find something to do with my Hobby or Computer. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the sky images. We have had some hot weather lately, it may cool off later today. I have no problems with boredom, My spare time is taken up with reading. I have a long list of chores/things I could be doing, but the problem is do I feel like doing them. Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

At last ... another penny.

God bless.

Pom Pom said...

You just aren't prone to boredom. Maybe it's because you have a lot of self discipline. That's good!

Bill said...

The photos are beautiful. The same routine day after day can get boring. We went for a walk on the trail today, the first one in weeks. It was nice to get out and enjoy the scenery. We even bought some ice cream for later tonight, vanilla, raspberry ripple. :) Have a nice evening!

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely pictures of the fog, the sun trying to shine through, and later on the clouds against the blue sky. So pretty.
I don't often feel bored. Just sometimes I don't seem to be able to settle to anything. Doesn't happen often though.

Kathie said...

What a great morning walk! I love fog although I'm a little leery at walking in it :) I agree.. it is ok to sit there and not do anything sometimes!

Retired Knitter said...

Yes, boredom can happen even if your life is full of events - if they are events you do all the time. Thankfully that feeling usually passes.