Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 22, 2020

Running Deer

Just a little fog around this morning when I left on my walk.
Didn't last long though and it was a sunny walk.
It was 62 degrees and calm.


Walked to town and around both cemeteries once 
and back home again.

As I left the cemetery on the hill, Lisa was just getting there.
We stopped and talked for about 10 minutes or so and then
we continued on our ways.

Lots of new growth on this tree.
Like all the different color greens.
 
Lots of deer and rabbits around and I didn't see but smelled a skunk.

On the road to my house two different neighbors driving by
stopped to say hello.
 It was a very sociable walk today. ๐Ÿ™‚

 Walked 5.2 miles

๐ŸŒค     ๐Ÿ™‚     ๐ŸŒค

Still haven't gotten the decking yet and I wanted to hang 
the sheets out on the line today.
So Ken put some boards down on the joists for me to walk on.

Then we went to the dump to get rid of the weeks trash.
Also cleaned up some junk around the yard and took
that there too.
On the way home stopped at the Dollar General.

 Got my clothes off the line just in time before a thunder storm
rolled on by.

Finished reading Anne of Green Gables and happy to say
I loved it.  What a great book.  
Will start the second book after I finish a mystery I'm reading.

Ken said he could go for some cookies,
so I baked him some Chocolate Chippers this afternoon.
He ate a couple and we will have some cookies for our
snack later on instead of the usual ice cream.

Most of the day my computer was downloading an
update.  Then unexpectedly it said internet connection lost
and it quit downloading and everything was lost.
Very frustrating.
I'll try again another day!

See lots of these pretty little weeds all over the place.
Philadelphia Fleabane

 
That's been my day so far.
Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️

19 comments:

Tom said...

...we received a much needed rain as a thunder storm rolled through. I was beginning to worry if it had forgotten how to rain!

Hootin Anni said...

You had a wonderful day...got so much done! Too bad the connection for your update was lost tho...so frustrating.

Skunk odors (if it is strong) makes me nauseous. Pretty wildflowers today, on your walk. Your hubby was terrific putting down boards to hang your sheets. He's a keeper don't you think? :::giggles:::

Rose said...

It sounds like you had such a good day...always feels good to get things done. Love that photo of the deer running.

I think I have Anne of Green Gables on my kindle...I will try to start it next.

Very frustrating when the computer does those things.

Cathy said...

What is the hottest your summer days may get? Today in the Central Valley in Cakiforni
we are at 102.

Cathy said...

California๐Ÿ™ƒ

Sandi said...

So peaceful. That tree is amazing!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that first foggy shot with the deer. Perfection!

Vee said...

Computers! Internet! When I got up around yesterday and sat down with my coffee and iPad, I had no internet service. My provider wasn't having problems, but they said my wireless router was fried. I wasn't in the mood to be without internet service nor was I in the mood for replacing the router so I asked God to heal it, then I gave it a good dusting and then, miraculously ☺️, everything was up and at'em. My coffee was cold, but that was minor in comparison.

I can hardly wait to see your deck all finished. You will be happy to have it just so for the clothesline. I see the deer today! (I'm surprised that you are down to 5.2 miles. I didn't think you would be able to back off an entire mile.

Granny Marigold said...

You got a great shot of the deer in motion.
Fleabane is such an unattractive name for a pretty wildflower/weed.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those chocolate chippers sound so good. Computer problems can be so frustrating. I hope you have better luck with the updates tomorrow. See you then!

Hill Top Post said...

I also love Anne of Green Gables, and have read the entire series. Your morning sounded so perfect for an early morning walk. The tree is just lovely in all the shades of green.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The photo of the tree and shades of green is wonderful.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the deer running and the pretty trees. We had some thunderstorms last night. The flowers are pretty and the cookies sound delicious.
Are you getting regular treated wood for the deck or the new trek decking, it seems to be taking a long time? Have a happy day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- It can be somewhat frustrating waiting for things that you have ordered- hope the Decking arrives soon. Cheers. KEV.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Bill said...

The tree looks amazing, very pretty!
Enjoy your day.

Aritha V. said...

O what nice, the deers.
Love the flowers also.

Lowcarb team member said...

I love the the different colour greens in your photograph … nature has so many wonderful shades.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Fun photo of that deer running. Hope that decking comes soon. Good timing on getting the clothes off the line. How nice that folk reach out when they see you!