Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Psalm

I think Psalm 23 is probably the most familiar Psalm of all
and I can see why because it is such a comfort.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 
he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: 
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil: 
for thou art with me; 
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: 
thou anointest my head with oil; 
my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
 and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.   


We went back to listening to church on line again today.
Last week we went to the church building
because there were two services and we went to the first one
which was for us old folks.
Not many people and we felt comfortable with the spacing.

Today it was decided to go back to having just the one service
and we just didn't feel comfortable being in such a big crowd yet.

We will just take it a week at a time and go when we feel ready.


A happy Sunday to all.
God Bless You.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️

Comment Replies:
A few of you mentioned it being scary seeing the bear cub.  Not scary!  They are black bears and they really do run away if they see you.  It is more scary coming across a mean dog!!

Vee - Yes, I still carry pepper spray when I walk.

Deb - I have a Kindle Oasis.

Cathy - We don't have Netflix anymore.     

9 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Psalm 23 is a wonderful and comforting Psalm. We still do not have church at the church building, but rather are meeting in small groups, no more than 15 people.

Tom said...

...it's a favorite.

Rose said...

After I had Roger home from the hospital and rehab, I had what I assume was an anxiety attack...not sure. It was at night, was the most horrible thing you can imagine...I could not lay still, but I could not get up...I knew that I could not live that way. It is impossible to explain how/why it was so horrible...so I started repeating The Lord is My Shepherd...and concentrating on that and I got all right. I really do feel knowing those lines may have saved my life that night.

Lowcarb team member said...

Psalm 23 is a comforting Psalm.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Glad you can still enjoy services at home. Psalm 23 is a wonderful Psalm. My father's favorite was Psalm 103. I've been enjoying Psalm 19. Hope the first week of summer is good for you!

Debi said...

Psalm 23 is very comforting. It was my mom's favorite. I understand your hesitance to be in large crowds. Especially since in several places it looks like the second wave is starting. We are very content to stay to ourselves.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for today's Psalm.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- That is a nice Psalm- I'm sure it has featured in a couple of old Movies- though cannot remember which ones. Hope your Church returns to normal services before to long. Regards. KEV.

Bill said...

A beautiful Psalm, very comforting. Glad to still enjoy service online until you feel comfortable. I get nervous when seeing lots of people and some don't wear masks. Have a nice day!