Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 19, 2020

Rocky the Raccoon

Started out cloudy but the sun came out
a couple of miles into my walk. 
No wind and the temperature was 57 degrees.


 A walk to town again and through town on a side road
over to the ball park and walked the loop around there.
 Then down the main road and home again.

Rebecca was out walking and the man that runs
around the ball park loop was there today. 
I see him once in a while and during the past year
he looks like he's lost about 20 pounds!

Nothing going on around town this morning.
Walked 5.4 miles

☁️     ๐Ÿ™‚     ๐ŸŒค

 A few thunder storms rolled through during the afternoon
and then it was sunny again.

Played around with the Kindle again today.
Our library doesn't use Overdrive but something called EPUB ebook
and am told that it isn't compatible with Kindle.
There are enough other ways for me to get books on the Kindle
so I'm not going to worry about the library anymore!!

I've never read Ann of Green Gables when I was a kid but I've
started reading the first book today.
I have all 8 books on my Kindle!

Dusted and organized the top shelf in our bedroom closet.
There sure was a lot of dust up there.
We don't have any clothes on the top shelf just a bunch
of odds and ends.
Lampshades
Totes
Plastic containers
An old picnic basket that we've only used a couple of times
and some other junk like that.

There is a raccoon that lives in a tree out back.  ๐Ÿฆ
Quite a few evenings we've watched it leave the tree,
come down near the house, and
walk along the stone wall on the side of the house.
Then it drops down into the drainage ditch, goes through
the pipe and comes out the other end.
We see Rocky the Raccoon peak his head out of the drain pipe,
look around and then walk off into the woods.
The times we've seen him he takes the same route.
Ken watched him come back home in the morning when
I'm out walking a couple of times too.
I never think to take a picture, to busy just watching him.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I haven't seen a raccoon in years, which may be a good thing. So many of them around here have been sick. Enjoy your weekend Karen.

Susie said...

Wish I could walk along with you Happy. Oh I spotted a fat groundhog around our wood pile and called Ted to come look out back. LOL. He thought I saw the bluebird. I told him that groundhog was looking for those peanuts he has been trapping chipmunks with. He live traps and takes them down to a woods...you know they come right back. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

ellen b. said...

I didn't read Anne of Green Gables series until I was an adult and enjoyed them a lot. That's funny about the raccoon. Happy reading.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have read a couple of the Anne of Green Gables Books. My mom loved then and I gave her all the books in the series and still have those books downstairs in my "to read" stack. I get most of the Kindle books I read from Amazon. I downloaded an interesting one last week for $2.99. It's called Nomadsland and it is about people our age (seniors) who travel the U.S. in their RVs and work seasonal jobs to support themselves. It is quite an interesting read. That must be fun to have a racoon in your yard to watch. My husband said that when he was a boy, there were racoons in his neighborhood and they took up residence in several of the chimneys of homes in the neighborhood. Have a good evening and I will see you tomorrow.

Vee said...

You are so going to love the Anne of Green Gables series. It makes me want to dig out my books. Good for the jogger who lost some weight. I envy him, too. Most of us have gained that much.

Rose said...

That would be so fun to watch the raccoon! Indontthinkmi told you yesterday that i love that first shot!

Granny Marigold said...

I've only read the first Anne of Green Gables book. I have watched some of the televised series too.
There are raccoons by the lake and I always wonder where they spend the night.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Having a friendly Racoon visit is interesting - you'll just have to get a snap shot...we've no animals about like a Racoon - just different Birds. Have a great Weekend there. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We have a visiting raccoon, hubby usually sees it on our deck later in the evening. I have not read Ann of Green Gables. Sometimes Amazon offers free books for the Kindle, usually my Goodreads will post a section listing free books.. For awhile I had the Kindle Unlimited for 9.99 a month. I could download so many books at one time and return them after I finished. Have a great day and happy weekend!

Bill said...

Very cool that you can see and watch a raccoon, I've never seen one in person.
Have a wonderful evening, Karen.

Bettye said...

I started out with two raccoons for several years then this year I have seen three. They live under my front porch along with a groundhog. I have asked a fellow last year to come and trap them and take them away but he kept saying he was going to but never came, so I gave up asking. One of them during daylight hours at 6:40 PM was on my railing stretched as long as it could getting the bird seed. They have emptied, taken apart the feeders and dumped them, so now I can't even feed the birds. I have a family of groundhogs which I like to watch and take pictures of the little ones playing. They live in my back yard under my shed and back deck. Wish I could give some one those raccoons.

Joyce F said...

I've read and then reread the Anne of Green Gables series several times, the first time when I was in high school and a friend's mother had the entire set and let me borrow them to read. I've also read the Emily of New Moon series and some other books (free for Kindle) by L.M Montgomery. Enjoy!

Pom Pom said...

I haven't seen a racoon around here for a while, but I know they are out there. The other day a bobcat was in my neighbor's yard. It killed a baby fox and the mama and papa fox were crying and running to and fro. We live in suburbia so it's odd to see a bobcat.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It seems that animals get into a grove and take the same path each time. I've watched a squirrel take the same route through the trees everytime.

Lowcarb team member said...

I should think it is interesting to sit and watch a raccoon … amazing.

All the best Jan