Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 18, 2020

No more gloves

A misty morning walk today.

59 degrees and mostly calm.

Walking to town I noticed that when people are leaving town
there will be no more gloves on the posts waving good-bye to them.
Some one came along and took all 13 gloves down.
Ken said it was probably highway workers but he did say
they probably got a chuckle seeing all those gloves.

Once I got to town I walked around both cemeteries and then 
headed back home.




Only saw one deer today.
Quite a difference from yesterday!!

A quiet morning.
Didn't see anyone.

Walked 5.5 miles

🌧     ☁️     🌧     🙂

All day its been an on and off again misty rain.
Good for plants and the farmers.

It's been one of those lazy days around the house.
Just did the basic house chores.
Did some reading and knitting and that's really about it.

Oh I spoke too soon yesterday about being able to get books
from the library to read on my Kindle.
I put one book on request yesterday and that seemed to go OK.
Today I tried to get a book and every time I tried it said,
Your library has no title that works with a reading device.
I'll have to get Connie at the library to help me!

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️

14 comments:

Tom said...

...perhaps the workers now have their gloves on a string that runs through their sleeves. That's what I had when I was a little guy!

ellen b. said...

I guess we'll need to make up our own stories on what happened to those gloves. I'm sure it gave a few people a good chuckle. Sounds like a peaceful day for you. Thanks for filling me in on the bakery. :)

Rose said...

Does your library use Overdrive to lend ebooks? That is what our library uses and also the ones in nearby counties. I hope you can get it figured out. Even with it I had something odd happen the other day similar to what just happened to you.

Thank you for identifying which sedge that was. I started to put the plant app on my phone and did not finish with it. Think I will check it out.

I bet those gloves gave a lot of people smiles.

Rose said...

I still had Plant Snap on my phone, just had to finish registering...thank you for reminding me of it.

Vee said...

Perhaps they got a good chuckle, but I think you should try to get the last laugh. 😆 It made it easy for them to gather them up. You had to pick them up from the ground.

Hope that your librarian can help you out with getting some books for your Kindle.

Granny Marigold said...

Isn't it strange that one day you see many deer and the next day one solitary one.
I suppose the highway workers may have taken the gloves down for whatever reason.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - sorry you are having trouble getting books from the library on your Kindle. That was my experience a few years back when I tried. It was super hard and I had to have someone from the library walk me through it. After that, I never did it again. Guess I give up too easily. ;-) Sorry all the gloves were removed. The highway workers should have left them. I got that plant app downloaded and have enjoying finding out what different plants around here are. See you again soon.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Start another glove series.

In our library you can borrow a Kindle with books already on it. So far they have "lost" 700 Kindles.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Sometimes technology can really be a challenge. But with help, you'll get your book on kindle, I'm sure.

Love your photos.
Hope more gloves appear to continue with the saga...

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I have two different county library cards that I use for my free Overdrive library ebooks, they end going through my Amazon account onto my kindle. I hope your librarian will be able to help you. We only had a light drizzle yesterday morning and then the sun came out. Happy Father's Day weekend to Ken! Enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Good to see the Misty Rain- expect it all will be good for the Farms keeping up the green growth. It is cold here as we enter Winter. Cheers. KEV.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is interesting that the gloves were left up that long. I am sure that whoever took them down did get a chuckle.

Bill said...

I wonder if the gloves are going on tour, a traveling exhibit on what people find. :) Library ebooks are not supported by kindle here. We have a Barnes and Noble ereader. Good luck sorting your kindle issue. Have a great day and weekend.

Retired Knitter said...

I have an original Paper White Kindle - which is a basic e-reader. So I can't connect to the library with that model. If this one ever fails I plan to get a Kindle that can electronically connect to the library.