Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 15, 2020

Monday

50 degrees, sunny, with a bit of a breeze this morning
as I walked to town.

Walked around both cemeteries,
once around the lower one and twice around the one on top 
of the hill.
Leaving the cemetery in this picture.


Didn't see anyone else out walking.

Don't know what this flowering bush is but there are a lot of
them along the sides of the roads.



A couple of my neighbor cows.


I'm going to try to get my walk down to just 5 miles.
I'll get home a little earlier and 5 just sounds like a good number.
I've tried this a couple times before and end up back at 6.
Today I walked 5.6 miles

🌤     🙂     🌤

After breakfast we made a quick stop at the Dollar General
to pick up a few things.

Got started on this weeks cleaning of the house while
Ken went up to the cabin and weed wacked.
I tried to exchange jobs with him but he didn't think that
was such a great idea. 

After working inside I went out back and transplanted some sunflower plants.
 I grew them from seeds and planted them in the raised garden bed
with the thought of moving them when they got bigger.

The ones I planted directly into the ground the chipmunks dug up.

Transplanted my rhubarb plants to the back in the raised garden bed.
Hopefully they will grow better there than out front.

I haven't worked on the cross stitch outlining yet but
I have finished another baby blanket.

This is not one of my favorites but
I only had a little bit of the blue yarn and the only other color
I had to go with it was white.
I need to get to the store and get more yarn.


Supper tonight was ham steaks with mashed potatoes and pineapple slices.
Yummy!

Well that's been my day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️

19 comments:

Susie said...

Hey, why don't men want to clean house?? Cause it is a big job when done right. LOL. Sounds like you had a busy day. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Tom said...

...that's a rose, perhaps multiflora, they are flowering here now. I planted some sunflower seeds and the chipmunks keep digging and eating them!

Rose said...

I really like that baby blanket...I think it is so fresh and clean looking. I really think those white blossoms might be blackberries or raspberries...

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs you've shared here … whatever the flower is, it's beautiful.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

Ok, just read Tom's comment...that was my other thought...a multiflora rose. He just might be right. from the shape of the petals...they do look the right shape.

R's Rue said...

Tres belle.

Hootin Anni said...

I think your blanket you finished is pretty. I like the crisp, refreshing colors. Those white flowers? -- a berry of some kind? And your walk. I try to do five miles also. Sometimes (lately) when it's too humid, I go for 3. Don't wanna over-do in that heat. Your dinner sounds fantastic. We had salmon patties with cranberry sauce & rice & broccoli.

Have a great evening.

Hootin Anni said...

Chokecherry! It took me a while (the leaves look like a cherry tree)...but, I couldn't think of it's name. See what you think.

https://pixfeeds.com/images/27/564178/640-94262658-chokecherry-flower.jpg

Vee said...

Oh I'm glad that Anni knew the answer to the mystery flower. I like the blanket very much.

Happy@Home said...

When I'm in doubt about a plant I take a picture of it and enter it into the Plant Snap app to get an answer. Last time I walked through the woods I was finding out the names of all kinds of plants and trees. It added a fun new element to my walk.
I smiled at how you have trouble keeping your walks to 5 miles. I would be thrilled with myself if I ever completed 5 miles in one walk.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I hope the plants you planted today do well. I think that is a beautiful blanket. It will be a nice blanket for some cute little guy. I like the flowering bush. Haven't seen anything like that around here. Have a good evening and I will see you again tomorrow.

Debi said...

I was told that sunflowers do not transplant well so I planted seeds. We will see how that goes as we have a lot of chipmunks around here. I like your blue and white blanket very simple and elegant. We had grilled chicken taco salads for dinner.

Hill Top Post said...

Many's the time I have tried to trade work with Dan, but he never goes for it. I like the simplicity of the baby blanket. I am going to miss my giant sunflowers this year; decided not to plant them because they almost always blow over in rainstorms. The birds may miss them more than I do.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You've reminded me; it's been a long time since we had rhubarb.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Dropping back to 5 miles? This is still a long way- I admire your determination. You and Ken have done a lot to-day with Ham Steaks and Pineapple to finish the day- what could be better. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We see lots of the white flowering bushes around here too, I do not know their name. 5 miles is still a good walk. I like the blue/white blanket. The ham with pineapple sounds yummy. Have a great day!

Bill said...

Wonderful photos! I like the design of the baby blanket, it's pretty. Enjoy your day!

ellen b. said...

Woohoo...look at all that sunshine! Something we are lacking right now. Soon enough we'll have a good dose of it. Sounds like you both got a lot done on Monday!

Retired Knitter said...

Since you love walking - why fall back to 5 miles? Time issues?