Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 01, 2020

Thanks Carolyn 😀


A walk in the misty rain this morning.
Temperature 39 degrees and calm.

Another trip to town and a few laps around the cemeteries
before heading back towards home.



No people about this morning.

Walking down the main road those big 18 wheelers really kick up
a mist.  A couple of the drivers I see every day move over if there are 
no cars coming the other way so I don't get sprayed.
Always give them a little thank you wave. 👋

A nice quiet peaceful walk even in the rain
and happy to be outside. 

Walked 6 miles

🌧     🌧     🌧

Breakfast done, laundry going in the washing machine
and we left for a quick trip to Shop and Save.
Ice cream sale and they had my favorite ice cream
Chippedy Chocolaty.
That's the correct name of it.  I've always called it Chocolate Chippity.
You can guess what my snack will be this evening!! 🍨

Got some more work done on the cross stitch,
read a little, and did some knitting too.
Speaking of cross stitching
Carolyn, who doesn't have a blog but reads mine,
read yesterday that I ran out of floss
and she has offered to send me an extra one that she has.
How nice!!!  Thank you so much Carolyn.
What a thoughtful and kind thing to do!!

I'll end on that happy note.

 A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Diane - Ken's been playing a game called Cities Skylines.  A game where you build cities.
He has one coming in the mail where you build farms.  If I liked to play these kinds of games I just might like that one.
I found some free games to play on line at this website.

Becki - Glad you enjoy 'walking' along with me.  Thanks for leaving a comment to let me know. 🙂

14 comments:

Tom said...

...your day looked similar to ours, I think that Chocolate Chippity has a better ring! Take care and stay well.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - that is very kind of your blog friend Carolyn to send you the color of floss you need. You are having a cool and wet spring there. Ours has been very dry and warm although it is cloudy and just a little bit rainy today. I hope you enjoy your Chippity Chocolate ice cream. That sounds super yummy. :-) See you again soon.

ellen b. said...

That is nice of those drivers to pull over when they can. Very kind of Carolyn to offer to send floss. I have a ton of it so if you are ever in need for more let me know. Enjoy your ice cream! Sad but true I can't eat ice cream anymore. Sometime I'll eat it cuz I like it so much and suffer the consequences.
Have a great weekend.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Rose said...

I splurged and bought myself some Butter Pecan ice cream...it was my mom's favorite and I think of home when I get it.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

39 in the morning is still quite chilly! Such pretty photos on your walk. It is respectful and courteous of the big trucks to try not to spray you as they pass. Chipedy Chocolaty sounds delicious! What design are your cross stitching? Cant wait to see. Stay safe out there on your walks!

Granny Marigold said...

How nice of Carolyn to send you the floss you need to finish your cross stitch. Hope you enjoy your ice cream snack.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- your having relatively nice days there- we're having very windy and cold days here- though cloudless skys- it is the coldest start to May for Sydney. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Weekend Happyone.

God bless.

Kerin said...

Ice cream sounds like a wonderful treat to end the day with :)

Have a lovely weekend.

~K.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the scene in the 2nd photo, very pretty. It is nice of your friend Caroline to send you the floss. The ice cream sounds yummy, a great treat. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Bill said...

What a nice friend to offer you some floss. Cool ice cream name, I like it.
Enjoy your day.

Jeanette said...

That ice cream sounds really good! I usually have an ice cream bar in the evening for my snack.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the sound of Chippedy Chocolaty ice cream :)

All the best Jan