Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Back to rain

A complete change from yesterdays walk.
Today it rained the whole time!
45 degrees and windy near the end of my walk.



Walked to town and took a side road through town.
Passed by the old house to see how my old daisy garden was doing.
The new people let a lot of grass get a start in the garden along
with a lot of weeds among the daisies.
They will have to do a lot of work to get the garden in shape.

Walked up and down a few side streets in town and then 
headed on back home.

No one else about on this raining morning.
Still glad to be outside walking though to start my day off right.

When I reached home I checked out our little waterfall on the side of the house.
Quite a bit of water coming down it this morning.






Nice to get home to a warm dry house.
Walked 6 miles

🌧     🌧     🌧

Didn't getting any work done today, just the basic stuff.

Spent most of the day working on my counted cross stitch.
Taking a break every so often to watch Ken building towns
with his game.  It is fascinating to watch.
He has another game coming in the mail that you build
farms with.  It sounds like one I would like if I liked to play
those games. 

I ran out of a color in my cross stitch kit.
Don't think that has ever happened before.
Usually there is way more than enough for the project.
Ran out of DMC 523 - Fern Green Light
Thought I might have that color but no luck.
I'll work on the other colors till I get a chance to look for
it in a shop.

Today was a pizza day.  Now that Brenda's is closed we don't have
a regular pizza day.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone 🙂
Comment Replies:
Eileen - We had roasted veggies with the meatloaf yesterday too.  Did you have pizza today?  🙂

Brenda - Thanks again for the kind words.  We do puzzles during the winter - continued a bit longer this year.  We will start doing puzzles again when we get the first snowfall in the fall.

Inger - Yes, it is a dry stone wall.  Our property has many many stones and Ken has gotten pretty good at building walls with them!!

19 comments:

Tom said...

...a raindy, windy day here too, but great for ducks. Take care Karen and stay well.

Granny Marigold said...

I suppose the rain had something to do with that lovely flow of water on your little waterfall. I really like it.

Rose said...

Oh, I do love your stone wall/waterfalls.

Doesn't it feel wonderful to come in to a nice warm house after being outside in cold or cold wet weather?

ellen b. said...

Ahh...love your little waterfall. So charming. Glad you got to walk about despite the rain. Those games Ken is enjoying sound fun. I'm not a play station game person, either. Our sons were and Dear could be.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your little waterfall is looking really good. I have run out of a color at least once when I worked on a kit.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I do like your rock Waterfall at the side of your home- Ken sure did a great job of his rockery and placing those stones. Cheers. KEV.

Hill Top Post said...

It looks like the waterfall is working like a charm. My it is a good-looking one! I would love to be able to hear the sound of the water.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a lovely waterfall.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

LOL, no I missed having the pizza. Love your waterfall, looks beautiful. We had flash flood warning yesterday and too much wind and rain. Take care and stay safe! Enjoy your weekend!

Kerin said...

Happy May Day!
Hoping that all this April shower business, will indeed produce May flowers..**smile**.

{You know, I just cannot look at any of our old houses.. people just don't realize that a beautiful yard takes work.
I hope that the new owners will appreciate all of the beautiful landscaping and get on top of the weeds and make the yard beautiful again :}

Sandi said...

It may be raining, but it is still beautiful.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It does feel so good to get outside and walk. Since I carry a camera, I don't like to walk in the rain though. It's supposed to be in the 70s here all day so we'll take an afternoon hike. You are going to have more pretty flowers with all the rain! Take care!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

PS Have you already mentioned what the games are that he likes? I might want to try something new! Hugs!

Bill said...

I love your waterfall, it's nice.
Enjoy your day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

We got some rain here yesterday as well. It was nice and cooled things down. I love the waterfall and stream you have built with stones in your yard. It is kind of hard to see your old house and see that the gardens aren't being tended as they should be. We went over to our old house last night (renting it out now) and the gardens I worked so hard on are now a mess. Oh well. I got that Flannie Flagg book you like The Whole Town's Talking and am going to start it today. Have a good Friday!

Adam said...

Cute tiny waterfall

Becki said...

I don't know that I've ever posted before, but I wanted to let you know I enjoy coming along on your walks. Such a beautiful area you have to walk in. Your waterfall compelled me to come out of hiding. ;^) Beautiful.

Retired Knitter said...

Nice little water fall. I am sure Ken is pleased with it.

Carolyn said...

Hi! Love following you on your walks!
I do a lot of cross stitch and have an extra DMC 523 and would be happy to mail it to you if you send your address!