Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Sunny Day

A nice sunny walk this morning to town.
Temperature was 35 degrees and no wind and by the time
I got back home it was 40 degrees.

Once I got to town I stayed at the edge of it
and just walked around both of the cemeteries a few times
before walking back home.

A back yard which backs up on to the lower cemetery.
Looking nice and springy.


This is the house that goes with the yard
and looks like they are getting some work done on it.
At first thought it was just going to be a new deck.
But looking closer it looks like they are getting
an extension out the back.
Aren't I nosy!?
 Will be interesting to watch what will be done.

There were no geese at the town pond today.
They were all here in a field along the cemetery.


Walked 6 miles

☀️     😀     ☀️

A good day for washing the sheets and hanging them outside.
They dried quickly and were back on the bed by 11:00.

Put some Italian hot sausage in the slow cooker this morning for supper.
Then cut up the onions and peppers so when supper time came
just had to fry them up and add the sausages.
Sausage and peppers, one of my favorite meals.
Ken's dad used to make it just for me years ago.

Finally a nice day so we spent some time this afternoon
outside around Happy Trails.
Planning to build a deck on the back of the house
and we did some measuring for it.
My clothes line will be moved onto the deck.

 
I did some more clearing out back and added to my natural fence.
This is the section I'm working on now.
Clearing the area around a natural spring.
I'll take a picture from the same spot when I get done.
Maybe tomorrow if we have another nice day!


So that's it for today.
Having a sunny day sure is nice!!!
Hope your day was a sunny one too.
Thanks for stopping by.

happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
GrannyM - Not a coffee drinker but do drink tea occasionally.  Drink lots of water and enjoy a cold glass of milk with meals and especially with chocolate cup cakes!! 
Cathy - Never had German Chocolate ice cream.  We get Hagan or Turkey Hill when it is on sale and keep a good amount of it on hand in the freezer.  We just have have it for our snacks in the evenings.  

Kev - Even a short walk is better than no walk at all!

19 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful photographs.
Your day sounds full of good things.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

... a sunny, warmer day today here too, the first day in weeks that didn't chill you to the bone! You aren't nosey, you are inquisitive. Italian sausage us a favorite of mine too. Enjoy your sunshine while it lasts.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is amazing how much difference the sunshine makes. Have a great evening .

Rose said...

Is that the same church in the first pic as in the one yesterday or the day before? It is such a pretty church. It was chilly here--I had to turn the heat back on.

Debi said...

We had sunshine today too! I love sausage with peppers and onions too... we had it last week!

Happy@Home said...

No, not nosy. I would be curious too :).
Dinner sounds delish.

Gretchen Joanna said...

A couple of you serious Walking Bloggers are on my mind a lot, I want you to know, as I am trying to push myself to do at least a little walk every day, no matter the weather. Considering our weather here is ultra mild compared to you, I keep thinking, if HappyOne can do it where it is SO cold, I certainly can! Thank you for the inspiration.

ellen b. said...

We had heavy rain overnight but some sun breaks today. Glad you had a nice walk. I'm always curious about what's going on at houses around our normal routes. Nice that you could do some work outside today.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. You are going to have a very nice big deck out in back of your house. Wow, that will be so nice. I love seeing pictures of your new house. :-)

Angie said...

It always amazes me how grass seems to go from brown to green overnight. I don't think you're nosy - just curious! We had rain in the morning and sun in the afternoon. Clear skies could bring a heavy frost tonight and we had to cover some of our flowers!

Granny Marigold said...

I can imagine how wonderfully fresh your sheets smelled when you went to bed this night. It must have been a lovely day.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- A very busy day for you- making the bet of Spring. REgards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always ever so busy.

God bless you and yours.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Nice views from your walk. I love the field with the geese. I am nosy too, I am neighborhood watcher. Good luck with the deck.
Wishing you a happy day!

Lisa said...

I love Italian sausage with pepper and onions. We eat them like hot dogs!
Beautiful scenery.
Lisa

Bill said...

That was a good walk. You notice lots of things when you walk, you're not nosy just observant which is grand. Sounds like another project for you two. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!

Nastya Deutsch said...

You have a wonderful blog! The topics you write about are very close to me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

I follow you through GFC! If you want, go to my blog :)

MY NEW POST: QUARANTINE NUTRITION AND WORK OUT ♥

Adam said...

That does look like a nice spring day.

Vee said...

No, you are not nosy; you are interested. Anyone who walks 6.2 miles a day is interested. ☺