Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Bear

A cloudy walk this morning.
47 degrees and calm.
Spotted a bear and a couple of cubs while walking to town.


No, the bears aren't real, just plywood cutouts ๐Ÿ˜ƒ in a yard.
 Harry, didn't put them out last year so it was fun
to see them back again this year.
Posted a picture the year before last and a couple of you thought
they were real. ๐Ÿ™‚

Continued on my way to town and walked right on through,
passed our old house and up the street behind the house.
This barn up that way looks like it is has started to lose some boards.


Then walked back home again.
Thought maybe it would rain some time during my walk
but it n ever did!

Lisa was out walking and pushing her granddaughter in a stroller.
Lots of rabbits around as usual
and one raccoon in town who didn't make it across the road in time.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     ☁️     ☁️ 

A neighbor cow and her little one.
Took the picture yesterday and forgot to post it.


It was mostly cloudy but we did see a little sun and also a couple
of light rain showers.

The road crew was out along our road today cleaning out the
ditches and picking up all the grit from winter.
We sat out on the porch for a little while watching.
The road looks nice and tidy now.

I worked outside this afternoon clearing out the rest of the
spring from yesterday.  Rained on me a couple of times
but wanted to get it finished.
Ken came along with the chain saw and cut the big logs
that I couldn't move.

You can see the before picture on yesterdays post.

A pizza supper night which we always enjoy.
The dough is so easy to make using the bread machine.

Worked on the cross stitch some too and plan to get
some reading done this evening.

Hope all is well with you all.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Rose - Yes, the church was the same one.  It is right at the edge of town.

Gretchen - Glad to hear you are out there walking and happy that I am partly the reason. ๐Ÿ™‚

Deb - Hard to believe that our 'new' house will be 2 years old in August!

20 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh man...you had me going for a bit there with those cut outs! I'll be posting a moose cutout that we saw on the Rotary Trail Walk on Mother's Day weekend. Giving you a heads up. :) We were able to work outside today...
Bet the pizza was good! Happy Thursday to you.

Kerin said...

Cute bear cutouts!

I've been wanting a Sasquatch cutout! Maybe later this spring, I'll make one:)

Oh, it's so nice that spring cleaning is going on all over, and everything is looking so neat and tidy..love it!!

Smiles :)
~K.

Tom said...

...when I was young my family would camp in the Adirondack Mountains, at dusk we would go to see bears at the dump. That barn is a sweet old thing, I've lost a few boards too. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Sandi said...


Dandelions! ๐Ÿ˜„

Cute bears... and cows.

Rose said...

Oh, yes, it is hard to believe your new house is two yrs old. That calf looks so little. A beautiful view behind it. Just for a second I thought the bears might be real, and then actually had the thought that they were cutouts/plywood before I even read.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I thought those bears were REAL....I showed the photo to my husband! hahaha! You GOT me, didn't you!!! Enjoy your evening! Hugs....hug a baby bear for me....the next time you see one! hahahaha!

Lisa said...

Those bears look real! Cute post.
Lisa

Granny Marigold said...

Like most everyone I thought those bears were real. I'm glad they weren't. It sure is staying cool out your way. We have a long weekend coming up and I see yours won't be until the Monday after. It seems this particular long weekend ushers in Summer.

Debi said...

Those bears sure looked real!

Hill Top Post said...

I know you have seen real bears there before. How long has it been?

KEV. Robertson. said...

Must admit those Bears had me fooled- I thought they were real!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Are the cows real? And the flowers? The barn? Your walk? Is anything real? Am I real???

God bless, Happyone.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the bear cut-outs. Our neighbor has one. The cows are cute, Pretty scenes and barn. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Jeanette said...

I thought the bear and her cubs were real, too!

Brenda said...

Totally thought the bear was real. Goodness...lifelike.

Bill said...

When I saw the bear photo, I was amazed then I laughed when I read they were only cutouts. :)
Have a wonderful day and weekend.

Inger said...

My neighbor's cows have calves too and they are adorable. I like the old barn, there's just something about old barns that makes you wonder who owned them, what their lives were like.....

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. As I first scrolled through your blog, I thought those were real bears! Wow - your house is two years old now? Time sure does fly. I hope you have a good weekend.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the bear cut-outs … they are so cute!

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

That bear and cubs look very realistic . Good thing they are just wood.