Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Cupcakes

This morning I walked under cloudy skies with a 
temperature of 32 degrees.
No wind to speak of.
The sun popped out too for just a little while.

Another walk to town and around town a bit before
heading up to the cemetery on top of the hill.
After walking around there I went down to see
the bulls by the barn across from the Drane house
but none were there.
It was so muddy I thought Farmer Marvin must have moved them
out to the pasture.

Haven't taken any pictures of the Drane house lately
so here's a couple.



Walked back up to the cemetery around it once more and then
headed back home again.

I've turned off the main road here and walking toward my
street.  A couple of wild turkeys crossed the street and then
flew away but if you look closely on the right side of the road,
almost in the center of the picture.
you may be able to see one who didn't fly off as quickly.


Walked 6.2 miles

☁️     ๐Ÿ™‚     ⛅️

Tuesday, so off to the Shop and Save for the weekly food shopping.
Once again I waited in the car.
But I think next week I just might go inside with Ken.
I may have a new face mask by then! ๐Ÿ™‚

I've been having a bit of a craving for a cupcake lately.
So this afternoon I made some German Chocolate ones.
(just from a box)
Put icing on and decorated 12 of them 

and the other dozen went into the freezer.
A couple cupcakes will be my snack this evening instead of ice cream.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a healthy and happy on.
happyone  ❤️

Comment Replies:
Cathy - I'm keeping the cross stitch for myself this time.  When I get done with this one I have another one picked out and that will be a gift.  The reason I'm posting my progress is so that I will keep at it till it's completed.  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Kim - Our frost date here is May 31.  Can't put any flowers out till June 1.  

20 comments:

Tom said...

...the Drane House looks fabulous, something that I would enjoy seeing in person! I sure was cold and wind here, with a few stray snowflakes, I sure wish that it would warm up a bit. Take care and stay well, Karen.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those cupcakes look good. Enjoy them tonight.

Debi said...

Mmmmmm... cupcakes and they're chocolate! They look delicious!

ellen b. said...

Things are springing up nicely in your neighborhood. Looks like you have plenty of cupcakes to share so pass one over. :)

Rose said...

I saw the turkey even before I expanded the view. But oh, that photo has such a lovely view! Nice to see the Drane House...I hope the bulls are back...I always enjoy seeing them.

Vee said...

It is pretty wonderful that, when you have a hankering for something, you just go ahead and bake it. I don't do that ever. I must have people coming and then they still might find nothing. So sense of willpower whatsoever do I have. If two tasted good, four would be better, ๐Ÿ˜ I saw that turkey. In fact, Terribly windy here today.

Granny Marigold said...

Your cupcakes look very pretty. I rarely ever make cake or cupcakes from scratch. A mix is so much easier and good too. Are you a tea drinker? Or coffee? Or maybe just plain old water? You need something to go along with the cupcakes.

Cathy said...

Oh yes I understand the accountability on the crosstitch lol! Oh and have you ever had german chocolate ice cream? My favorite and can only get it at Baskin Robbins in the fall, it least in my neck of the woods.

Hill Top Post said...

The grounds look so well kept around the Drane House. I see on past that the fields appear ready for planting. Oh, how I would like one of those delicious looking cupcakes, but I don't eat many sweets. :~/

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- that is an interesting full day for you...you'l have to sneak up on those Wild Turkeys next time to get a closer picture. WE did a walk today- just 20 minutes- nothing like your 6 miles. Best Wishes. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like cup cakes !!!

God bless.

Kerin said...

I always enjoy your pictures of the Drane house..thank you!

I can see one of the turkeys.
I do love seeing turkeys in the wild.

Cupcakes will be a nice change of pace for your nightly treat.

Have a happy day.
~K.

dot said...

Love the pictures of the Drane House. Thanks for sharing!

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Pom Pom said...

Happy looking cupcakes, Karen!

Michelle said...

I like the Drane House. I would love to pop inside and take a look.

sandy said...

I love that you are a walker and take photos of your walks. I do the same thing. I live in the mountains so in winter with snow I don't get out that much but ...when the weather warms up I'm usually out walking. I stopped by from another blogger's blog list and liked the name so ...glad I did.

Henny Penny said...

I would probably be happy living in the Drane House. Your cup cakes look delicious and are so pretty. Oh, I love your cross stitch. I used to do that years ago but have forgotten how.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yum!
Those cupcakes look good.

All the best Jan

Bill said...

Nice photo of the Drane House. Those cupcakes look good.
Enjoy your evening!