Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, May 03, 2020

Sunday

I don't know who wrote this poem but I saw it on a bookmark.

Be With Me Today, O Lord

May 
all I do today
begin with you, O Lord.
Plant dreams and hopes 
 within my soul,
revive my tired spirit,
be with me today.

May
 all I do today
continue with your help, 
 O Lord.
Be at my side 
and walk with me,
Be my support today.

May
all I do today
reach far and wide, O Lord.
My thoughts, my work,
my life:
make them blessings
for your kingdom;
let them go beyond today.
O God
 
 ❤️     ❤️     ❤️

An on and off drizzle this morning as I walked
but it was 60 degrees!!

Saw lots of birds:
Bluejays
Robins
Cardinals
Grosbeaks
 Goldfinches
Woodpecker

A Blessed Sunday to all.
God Bless You
happyone  ❤️


Comment Replies:
Deb - We live on 21 acres here at Happy Trails.  Saw a bear walk past the house only one time but never when we've been out walking the trails.  I'm sure they are there, they just see us before we see them and they run away.

GrannySue - Thanks for visiting and leaving on comment.  Where are you in WV? 

19 comments:

Tom said...

...it's 74 here at the moment with a cool off and rain coming for next week. Take care Karen and I hope that you always see bears from afar!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love those flowers in your picture today. That is a lovely poem with a great message. I am off for my afternoon walk soon. See you tomorrow. Have a great Sunday.

Debi said...

Lovely photos... we are seeing so many new birds this year. I love watching them.

Vee said...

Oh I'd be happy not to see the bear. And I'd pretend that it's not out there. I got behind in my blog reading so am playing catch-up. I saw that the calves like the looks of things on the other side of the fence. That's kind of the story across the country and around the world. 😏

I like the poem very much.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the words of that poem. You have rain, and today we have sunshine, but chilly.

ruma said...

I agree. Sublime poetry.

For you were going astray like sheep;
but now have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

    1 Peter  2:25

I like your photography.

Greetings, from Japan, ruma❃


Lowcarb team member said...

That is a lovely poem, and I do like the flowers in your picture.

All the best Jan

Nawm D Gerr said...

Amen

Be well.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praise the Lord.

God bless.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful post! Take care! Enjoy your day, have a happy new week ahead.

Betty said...

It is so beautiful. This will go into my journal. Thank you.

Lisa said...

Beautiful poem. I got my walk in but its getting hot around here. Our temps got up to 88 degrees. Summer is almost here.
Lisa

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! Wow! You saw a lot of birds! Happy walking! (I like that poem!)

Inger said...

I love it when birds arrive in spring. I listen to their twitters and songs as I sit here and read blogs.

Kerin said...

Beautiful poem.. thanks for sharing.

Smiles :)
~K.

Bill said...

Beautiful poem and photos.
Have a lovely day!

Rose said...

That is a beautiful poem!

ellen b. said...

Lovely poem! Happy new week to you!