Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 04, 2020

A sunny day and cross stitch progress


What a pleasant morning for walking.
Left early again this morning at 6:15.
It was 44 degrees and sunny during all of my walk!
Just a bit of a breeze though it did get windy in the afternoon.

Town is just up ahead.

Walked over to the post office and mailed a card
then continued walking around town.
Went past the old house again.
Not only was the lawn mowed but the two gardens at the end
of the driveway got mowed over too.
No more daisy garden. πŸ™
I don't know why I care. It's not my garden anymore!

 Didn't see any people about but there seemed to be a lot of cars.
I was earlier so maybe it was usual for that time.

Heading back home here.


How nice it was to be walking in the sunshine and to
see the sun for the whole day.
That's enough to make anyone happy.  πŸ˜€     πŸ˜ƒ     πŸ™‚

Walked 6 miles

☀️     ☀️

We left in the truck this morning to do a few errands.
 Dropped trash off at the refuse center.
Just before everything closed down we had ordered an area rug
for the living room.
Just happened to be near the store and thought it might be open
but it wasn't.  Who knows when we will get the rug.
At least it is nothing important that we really need.
We went into Walgreens and Lowe's to get a few things.
I didn't like it but I did wear my face mask!
I bought some mammoth sunflower seeds.
Not sure where I'll plant them yet.

I had put a load of clothes out on the line before we left
and the wind blew the clothes around and around the line
until they were all twisted!
Surprisingly they were dried.

It sure was nice to get back home.
I think I'm getting the opposite of Cabin Fever.
I like like being home!

After lunch did a bit of house cleaning and then did a little
on the cross stitch.
Wanted to get a little more done before I took the progress picture!


HERE is the picture from last time if you want to compare.

We had nice big salads for supper and now here we are
near the end of the day.
Sure was NICE to see the sun shinning all day long!!

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

23 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I love your cross stitch!

Tom said...

...you don't need to like it, but you do need to wear a mask...STAY SAFE!

Adam said...

My work required us to wear masks today.

Debi said...

You are really coming along on your cross stitch!

Rose said...

I went to Walmart and wore my mask, too. My glasses want to steam up part of the time. It gets annoying. It is one of the last two I made and does not bother me too much otherwise.

My brother told me he never thought he would ever go to the bank with a mask on and ask for money...LOL

You are coming right along on the counted cross stitch! That is so much progress and looks so good.

ellen b. said...

Good progress on your cross stitch. Having to wear masks in shops makes me happy to get home again! I'm glad you've had some sunshiny walks!

CHERI said...

You put me to shame...I only walk about 2 miles each day (although I need to do much more!) You've heard of college kids and gaining "the freshman 15"...well, I think I'm headed to the "Corona 15"!!!! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Always nice to see new faces:) Stay well:)

Vee said...

The opposite of cabin fever? That must mean that things are really odd out there. Hope that you get your rug soon...seems you've waited long enough. Perhaps you need a pot of daisies at your new place. Those other folks must not be flower lovers.

Joyful said...

Beautiful scenery today. Everything looks so green.

Hill Top Post said...

I think I have the same fever - opposite of cabin fever. I so enjoy long days pottering around the place. I love your cross-stitch piece.

Granny Marigold said...

Your cross stitch is looking good! Sounds like you had a good day. Too bad about the daisies though.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Nice to see the Sun Karen- a warmer day here too - got a bit of modelling done- all good. Like your Cross Stitching project. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have been busy. Keep smiling.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We had a nice sunny day yesterday. Perfect for walking. Your cross stitch picture is very pretty, will it be framed? Enjoy your day!

Ruta M. said...

I share your dismay over the loss of the flower beds. I'm sad and mad too that the new owners of our farmhouse cut down the climbing rose, honeysuckle and wisteria.

Sandi said...

A lovely walk with you this morning, Karen. Now, I should probably get up off the couch! πŸ˜ƒ

Aritha V. said...

Can I see your giant sunflower seeds? Are they black?

Kerin said...

That picture showing the beginning of town is so pretty, especially with that church spire in the background.

Nice work on the cross stitch!

Sorry about the old owners mowing over the flower patch.
I think it's hard, because you know how much work and love that you put into the old place, and then the new owners don't appreciate it.

Have a sweet day.
~K.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love how positive you are each day. You surely are a good example to me. I sometimes let things bother me, and I have been struggling the past few days, but just reading this post make me feel much better and realize how many wonderful small things, we have to be grateful for. Thanks, Karen. See you again soon.

Bill said...

You're cross stitch is looking good.
Happy day to you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunshine just adds a special touch to almost any day.

Retired Knitter said...

Making good progress on that counted cross stitch.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your cross stitch.

All the best Jan