Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Floss and a needle

I walked outside and down the driveway and just a little
way down the road and then turned around and went back
home.  It was cold, raining, windy, and was just
miserable out so decided to go walking in the basement today.
 Pictured a scene like this in my mind as I walked loops around the
train layout.


 I walked 2 miles at a time.
For the first 2 miles pictured myself walking to town.
Later in the morning, the next 2 miles pictured myself walking
around town.
Then just before lunch walked the last 2 miles picturing myself
walking back home again.
 That took care of my 6 miles for the day.

🙂     🙂

The floss that Carolyn sent me arrived in the mail yesterday.
Not only did she send the floss but also included a special 
needle just for cross stitching.
 I had never heard of such a needle before.
Used the needle today while cross stitching and it works great.
I like it a lot!!

 Thanks again Carolyn for your thoughtfulness!!
You certainly put a smile on my face. 😀
God bless you.

 I finally finished reading Y is for Yesterday by Sue Grafton.
Seemed to take me forever to read it.
It was okay but not up to her usual.
I agree with you Dot, didn't even seem like she wrote it.

Just enjoying a regular day around the house.
Nothing special but sure happy and thankful to be healthy!

It's been a foggy rainy day and we even saw some
snowflakes mixed in with the rain!

 A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Eileen -   Yes, the cross stitch will be framed when finished.

25 comments:

Rose said...

I had never heard of that type of needle either. You pretending the scenes as you walked in the basement reminded me when I was a kid and I suppose even older and having a hard time going to sleep--I would pretend it was storming and cold and that it felt so good to have a good warm bed to sleep in.

Can't believe you had snow...but I know it happens. Was sunny and bright here today.

Tom said...

...overcast and a bit on the chilly side here, but I was able to walk around a local cemetery and take pictures. What a treat! Spring sure has been taking its own sweet time coming this year. Take care Karen.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great visualizing! I must try that while riding around on my wheelchair.

Bettye said...

Sure do miss bowling on Tuesdays. That is always the highlight of my week.

Vee said...

Acckkk...snowflakes! 😖

Well my goodness, I had never heard of such a needle. That's wonderful!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Where was a needle like that when I was doing a lot of cross stitching? Sounds like it would be a great one to use.

Granny Marigold said...

When I used to do cross stitch I had a special needle but I don't know whatever happened to it. It has been at least ten years since I last did an cross stitch so who knows where it went.
Your weather today does not sound pleasant. No wonder you chose to do your miles in the basement.

Debi said...

As much as I miss our kids and grands and seeing friends, I never tire of ordinary days around the house!

Lisa said...

How sweet of her to send you the floss and special needle.
I never had patience for cross stitching but used to needle point as young as 6.
Lisa

Hill Top Post said...

I like your imagining that you were actually out walking to town, etc. I also enjoy pottering about the house and yard. But, the days seems to fly by so quickly.

ellen b. said...

Okay, I'm cracking up at my stupidity in thinking when you said floss you meant dental floss. LOL! Happy that you could get this creative kind of floss in the mail. Today was a day here that it would have been miserable to walk outside in, too. Glad you have an interesting place to walk inside when you need to.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I thought the sun would be shinning there with the Springtime blossoming- guess, nature had other ideas. Cold nights here at present. Regards. KEV. (Sydney-Australia).

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Keep walking and stay healthy.

God bless.

Srishti Verma said...

Thanks for posting such a nice article. I will share this article to my friends, Keep posting.


best protein powder in india

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love your view! We had a chilly rainy day, I hope the sun comes out today. Your floss and needle is a nice surprise. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead.

Kerin said...

I like your positive attitude!
Way to go...visualizing a sunnier day :)

Very kind of your friend to send you that awesome cross stitch needle.

~K.

Aritha V. said...

I hope to day the sun is shining over there.

Jeanette said...

That is a pretty nifty needle! If I ever cross stitch again I will definitely get this!

R's Rue said...

❤️

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you were able to get outside this morning. It cooled off some here so we have an afternoon hike planned! Take care and enjoy your day!

Inger said...

I hope today was a better day for your walk. I wonder if Sue Grafton got tired by the time she got to Y. I don't remember now where I stopped reading them so many years ago, but I never got to Y.

Carolyn said...

Hi! Glad you received floss and needle-I love that needle (ordered it from Amazon) Enjoy your stitching! C

Bill said...

I like your plan B for walking when you stay in. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

It's good that you can walk indoors when the weather outside is not good.

All the best Jan

Becki said...

I am impressed that you could visualize all those places as you walked in your basement. And that ball point needle is very interesting. I hope you give us a review when you give it a try.