Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 07, 2020

A chilly but sunny start

29 degrees this morning,
BUT there was no wind and the sun was shining,
and that makes a great morning for walking.


Another walk to town but not through town.
Stayed walking around by the cemeteries this morning.
The town pond is between the two cemeteries.
Just walked around the lower one and going on up the
hill to the other one.


Then back home again.
Saw birds, deer, and rabbits, but no people.

Walked 6.2 miles


We made a quick trip to the Dollar General for a few things.
I didn't complain once about having to wear my mask! ๐Ÿ™‚

 The sun stayed out and it warmed up to be in the 40's
so we went outside and puttered about Happy Trails for a while.
When the wind picked up we headed back inside.



Did some knitting and cross stitching till supper time.

That's been my day. 
Nothing exciting but enjoyable.
 A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
Inger - Sue Grafton died after writing the Y book so the Z book never got written.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...our day started much like yours and thunder and rain came through with high winds. That winding road is a beauty! Take care.

Debi said...

Sometimes those unexciting days are the best. We all need a little down time once in a while.

ellen b. said...

Enjoyable is always good! Have a good evening!

Vee said...

Another lovely day...

I watch two vloggers who discuss their Dollar Tree shopping and show it off. Why it is fascinating to me I have no idea...must be that I have nothing better to do. ๐Ÿ™ƒ So, of course, nosy me wonders what you find there. I hear from theses vloggers that it is the best place to purchase batteries. ❔❔❔

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a good day to me :)

Lovely photographs.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I think we are all getting used to our masks. Some people around here refuse to wear them, but Charly and I do because we want to stay well and also be considerate of others. It has been chilly here today as well. Glad you had a good day. See you again soon.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- sounds as though you've had a lovely walk this morning. Sun is shining here too though no wind- the nights are cold. Cheers. KEV.

Granny Marigold said...

I love the cloud pictures. Clear skies are great and I appreciate them but fluffy white clouds are beautiful.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You've been busy today.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Looks like a frosty walk, these cold days do not feel like spring weather. Pretty sky captures. Hubby and I have been wearing our mask!
Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Bill said...

Nice photos! I love walking in cooler weather because you'll eventually get warm. :) Have a great day.

Rose said...

Somehow or other I have gotten off track in blogging...I would almost have sworn I visited last night but apparently I didn't. You had a nicer day yesterday weatherwise than us, but today has been bright and sunny all day. But chilly.

One of the last masks I made does not bother me too bad...and stays i place pretty good. My glasses fogs up but stops after a bit.