Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 05, 2020

A favorite

I've been waking up early because of it getting light
so left again this morning on my walk at 6:15.
It was 35 degrees, calm, and cloudy.
The sun shining on the trees off in the distance was the only
sun that came around today.
BTW, the house there is where Ki the pesky little dog lives.


The farm on the main road as I walk to town.


Went through town and over to the ball park and walked
around the loop there.
This tree is in a yard that over looks the ball park.


Then walked back through town and up the hill to the
cemetery, around there, and back home again.

Another day with no people but lots of cars.

Saw a few deer and more rabbits and of course
all the birds.  All the wildlife was just down the road from home.

Walked 6.2 miles

☁️     ☁️     ☁️

Tuesday is our shopping day at the Shop and Save so we did that
as usual.  Again I stayed in the car.  Ken said he'd rather go in alone
than listen to me complain about wearing a face mask.  ๐Ÿ™‚
 See, I'm not always happy!
I waited in the car and did a word search and then I was happy.

Tuesday used to be the day we went bowling.
Wonder when we will be able to do that again.
Sure do miss that, don't you Bettye?

One of Ken's play station games is a car racing one.
This one I like though it is very hard to drive using the controller,
so Ken has ordered a driving wheel for the game.
I drove off a few cliffs while driving along the road to 
Pike's Peak this afternoon.
Though I like playing it, it is not something that I would do
for long periods of time.

Watched Ken for a while building new towns with his game
while I knitted.

This is another one of my favorite ice creams
and it will be my snack tonight.


Life is Good
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Aritha - Opened the sunflower package and saw that there are two different kinds of seeds in it.  This is the package and its contents.

19 comments:

Tom said...

...tomorrow we shop at a local Mennonite store, we will call in our order and they will carry it out to the car when we arrive. That's strange to see two different seeds for one varieties, this won't be the first time that things have gotten mixed up.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colour of the blossom in your third photograph.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I really love the sun peaking out in the distance on the first photo, and love that third one for the blossoms.

Rose said...

I have never laughed so hard as one time when the girls were young, we actually went in an arcade with the girls. Lorelei's mom did a racing game...it was hilarious.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful blossoming tree. I'm not a fan of shopping with a mask. I have finally figured out where to set my glasses so they don't fog up while I have the mask on! That helps. Enjoy your triple chocolate!!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Very nice Farm photos from around your neighbors Karen. Delight to see the sun shinning and the days warming up. Regards. KEV.

Granny Marigold said...

I am so terrible at playing video games that my grandson could play when he was 7 or 8. I just don't have the reflexes I guess.
I wonder too why there are 2 colours of seeds in your package.

Angie said...

It is so nice to see the flowering trees in your area. That ice cream looks wonderful, but I have to cut back on something if I am going to lose these four pounds that I gained! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Ice cream - edible. Sunflower seeds - not.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty tree and blossoms. I would like that chocolate ice cream, yum!
You may get a nice surprise with the seeds when they sprout. Have a happy day!

Kerin said...

Life is good!!

Lovely pictures, and I sure love all those beautiful trees in blossom!

Have a great rest of your week, and enjoy that delicious ice cream :)

K.

Betty said...

I use to love walking and can't wait til I do it again. Love the pictures you posted.

Happy@Home said...

Oh, Yum! I can see I need to get a bit more adventurous with my ice cream choices.

Vee said...

That was fun to consider...that you are not always happy. ๐Ÿ˜ My daughter was grocery shopping for me and tried getting the mask on she assured me. In the end, she ditched it. She said that it was about 75% compliance and 25% who opted for social distancing. We have been on mandatory masks since just last Thursday. Hope this is over soon. Some of us are growing mighty stir crazy. ๐Ÿคช At least, I am not driving off cliffs. One last word: keep that car between the poles!

Michelle Keltner said...

Only one person, per family, can go in to shop at a store here these days. Masks will be required starting Monday.

Bill said...

The blossoming tree is gorgeous.
Triple chocolate sounds good, enjoy!

dot said...

Your pictures are always nice but especially beautiful today. It's already getting hot here in south GA. Our spring is gone so I enjoyed yours!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like that line of golden light in your first picture. You mention how you miss bowling. I am sure we all just miss the social interaction with others. I know I sure do. Email and phone calls are fine, but just not the same.

Adam said...

Nice ice cream