Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 11, 2020

Dark skies

A sunny walk yesterday but not today.
This morning temperature was 36 degrees and cloudy with
big black clouds.
A bit of a wind too.
 Felt a few sprinkles of rain every now and then
but didn't have to use my umbrella.
(not that is would have done much good anyway with the wind)


Had my usual walk to town.


Up and down the streets in town,
around the ball park
and back home again.

Saw a little peek of blue sky but it only lasted a minute,
but nice to know it is still up there behind the clouds.
Made me think of God.
HE is ALWAYS there even through the storms.

A quiet Monday morning with no people about.

Saw a whole bunch of goldfinches.
Must have been 15 or so.
Too fast to count or take a picture.
They were there on the way to town and on the way back too.
They sure sounded happy chirping away and flitting here and there.

As I got in the house it started raining.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     ☁️     🌧

It's been a dreary day with snow showers on and off.

Thanks for all the kind words and compliments on the inside
of our home.  As some of you know Ken designed the house
and a church family friend Ronnie built it.

It's Monday and here's the progress of the cross stitch this week.
I really like the new cross stitch needle that Carolyn gave me.
It makes work go a bit faster and I don't
keep stabbing my finger.


Last weeks picture is
HERE, if you'd like to compare from last week.

The start of another week around the house
doing the usual stuff.
Doesn't make for very interesting blogging
but it's been a good day.

Life is Good
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone ❤️

20 comments:

Vee said...

That's a very dramatic sky. This weather arrived here a few hours ago; now it's raining steadily. I will be happy for more May-like weather.

Rose said...

Normal is always good in my book. LOL Wow, you have gotten a lot done on your sewing project.

In the second picture, that church with that background makes a great picture!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those clouds look so heavy and foreboding. We have had blue skies, but coolish weather and wind to make it even colder.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your cloud pictures. I agree, it does remind me of God and how he is there in every storm. You cross stitch looks great. It will go so well with the decor in your home! Have a good evening and I will see you again tomorrow.

Debi said...

Wow you are really coming along with your cross stitch! We have goldfinches every day ato our feeders. We have never had them before and we have been feeding the birds for fifteen or so years. I can't believe those clouds were there and you didn't get caught in a downpour!

Tom said...

...yep, you had dark skies, but I think that we had you beat. Overcast and rain and rain and rain. I like your saltbox that you are making, take care Karen.

Ivy Green said...

"Oh, I like that picture!"

ellen b. said...

The cross stitch is really coming along. I like it. Snow again...yikes. Have a good evening!

Cathy said...

Boy you have been consistent with your crosstitch ! I tend to be diligent with mine for a month and then put it away for a bit unless of course I am making for a present and have a deadline. Will someone special receive this one? Its beautiful!

Granny Marigold said...

Lucky you seeing that flock of Goldfinches. I'm still waiting for some to arrive. We did see a Hummingbird this morning. I was happy to see one after the harsh winter we had finished off the ones that had stayed instead of migrating.

Hill Top Post said...

Your pictures today are awesome! They surely make for good blogging any day of the week. I also think your home is beautiful (didn't get to comment that day).

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- your cross stitch project looks excellent- well done there. Cheers. KEV.

Milentry said...

Interesting post. Your blog is very cool :)!
I am following you and invite you to me
https://milentry-blog.blogspot.com

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the dramatic sky images. We had a little rain and lots of clouds moving in the sky yesterday. Your cross-stitch looks beautiful, well done. Enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Snow in May?

God bless.

Kerin said...

Happy for you to have been able to get out an walk, and not blow away..*smile*.

We've had crazy strong winds here as well....I'm over it!
Ready for a nice calm day :)

Have a lovely day.

~K.

Bill said...

That is a pretty dramatic sky!
Have a nice day.

Happy@Home said...

Your cross stitch project is coming along nicely.
Hard to believe snow in May. We are having the coolest spring I can remember since moving here 20 years ago. Last night I had to cover some plants as it dipped into the 30s. Our frost date is April 15.

Lowcarb team member said...

I especially like the sky in your third photograph.

Here in the UK we've had some cooler days but no snow.... yet!

All the best Jan

Kerri Farley said...

The cross stitch looks great!