Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

A parking lot visit ๐Ÿ™‚

A morning just like yesterday but a couple degrees warmer at 57.

This field last week was filled with dandelions.
Should be even more next year!

Walked to the edge of town this morning and then around
both the cemeteries a few times
and then back home again.

Nice to see that the fountain in the town pond has been 
turned on for the summer.


 Pasture behind the cemetery on the hill.
The one bull in the middle was over by the fence but by
the time I got my phone out he had run away.
They don't usually run away so fast.
I must have startled him.


Passed a house on the way home that is getting all brand new windows.
Every window in the house was out.
That seems like a lot of windows to install in one day. 

Rabbits, deer, lots of different birds and a ground hog
all were along the road back to the house.

Walked 6 miles

⛅️     ๐Ÿ™‚     ☀️

Right after breakfast we went to the Shop and Save for our
usual Tuesday morning shopping.
But before we got there we stopped at the Dollar General first 
and I went in with Ken.
 Waited in the car at the Shop and Save though,
and I'm glad I did.
A car pulled up and the person getting out of the car was
my friend Bettye.
We kept our distance but she gave me this vase of beautiful flowers
and card.  
My birthday is coming up on Saturday and she knew from reading my
blog that we went shopping on Tuesday.
We had a nice little visit in the parking lot.
I'm thankful for the flowers but also
to see and talk to her in person.
Thanks so much Bettye!
 
These nice sunny days are great for hanging the clothes out on the line.

It seem that the leaves here at Happy Trails have popped out
in the last few days.


We did more painting this afternoon.
This time the chairs that we keep out back by the fire pit.
They were in the garage and that's were we painted them.
Too heavy to carry all the way out back so we
are waiting to get the tractor back before putting them out back.


Did a little puttering around outside and then sat out
on the front porch.

Ken got a new flavor of ice cream today and I'm looking
forward to trying it later.
Milk Chocolate Swirl
I'll let you know tomorrow how good it is!!

That's been my day.
A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Debi - I'm not crazy about the outlining part of cross stitch either, but like you said it
makes such a difference!!

HillTop - The farmers around here usually plant either corn or soybeans.

Adam - You're right, I'll wait a bit before using the swing.

16 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I always enjoy seeing your photographs.
Beautiful flowers and card from Bettye.
Early Happy Birthday Wishes...

All the best Jan

Rose said...

You got to see a lot of animals today...it is nice to see the photos of the cows and the fountain. It is hard to believe that your trees are that far behind us here...I don't know why cause I go through this every year with certain blogs.

I love the color you are painting your outdoor seating!

Vee said...

What a nice gift. Bettye knows how to find you! I like all these pretty red chairs you folk are painting. A little paint brightens things right up. I have to paint my deck this year. It is really looking bad.

Tom said...

...beautiful images! We have driveway conversations with our kids and grandkids. I have four Adirondack chairs that are crying out for a paint job right about now.

ellen b. said...

Love that your friend knows where to find you to gift you those flowers. So sweet. A early Happy Birthday to you! Love those chairs in that shade of red, too. Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you have a fund celebration for your birthday!

Linda said...

The chairs look great! So sweet about the flowers.

Granny Marigold said...

That was a sweet and caring gesture on Bettye's part, remembering that your birthday is coming up and bringing you flowers. It will be great once we can visit properly with friends, like we used to before the dreaded virus.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday to you! You have a wonderful friend in Bettye!

Are you a fan of dandelions? It was so engrained in me by my Dad to consider them the enemy …

Lovely choice of color for your chairs!

Hill Top Post said...

Cattle are so unpredictable. Millie and I should be well known to the ones on the hill we walk, but every once in awhile, one will decide something just doesn't look right and go running. Your new red chairs look so nice and happy!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Happy Birthday for Saturday Karen- we share the same day. Busy day for you - you have done lots. Got our walk in today- one hour- not sure how many kilometers though. Have a great Day. Cheers. KEV.

Adam said...

Nice chairs

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for the beautiful photos, Happyone. Happy Birthday now and again on Saturday.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos, I love the field, pond and the cattle. Wishing you an early Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a nice day and surprise meeting with your friend. Take care and have a great day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the flowers and birthday card from your friend Bettye. Your outside chairs look great. I saw some chairs like that yesterday and toyed with the idea of getting them for our patio, but they were plastic, not wood, and besides, I really want to get a swing for the patio. I love the slippers, which arrived last night, and I look forward to wearing them when the weather is a bit cooler this fall. Thanks again! See you again soon!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh how very special, to meet a friend who has a gift for you! I am sure God orchestrated it all.

Bill said...

The chairs look nice and refreshed ready for another season. How nice to see your friend and receive her gift of flowers.