Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A little bird

58 degrees this morning with a mix of sun and clouds
and at times a nice breeze.
Not much color in the sky this morning but a great
looking sky anyway.


Walked to town.


Made a loop around town and as I passed the library
stopped to read the note on the door.
The library is kind of open, but not really.


I have plenty of books at home to read so I think
I'll wait until the library is operating normally.

Walked over to the ball park and walked around the loop a couple
of times and then walked back home.

As always it is so nice to go outside first thing in the morning
and walk. 
Walked 6 miles

☁️     🙂     ⛅️

I had baskets hanging on the back of the chair outside
on the porch waiting to have dirt and flowers added to them.
Looked out the window and noticed this little bird taking
part of the basket for her nest.
She came back quite a few times to pull off more material.
This is the best picture I could get through the window.
Don't know what kind of bird it is.
Some kind of sparrow?


We went out to a local nursery and got some petunias
this morning to plant in the baskets.

After lunch the petunias were planted in the baskets and hung up.


Once back in the house I did my usual puttering about the house
stuff till supper.

The new ice cream flavor we had yesterday was super good and
I've added this flavor to my favorite list too.
It was creamy milk chocolate flavor with chocolate syrup swirled
throughout.

So ends another day.
A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Angie - Yes, I do like dandelions. I like to see the yellow polka dots in a green lawn. 
Dandelions are in the same family as sunflowers.  🌻 

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I had a pole hole digger hanging under a lean-to that is attached to my barn. A mother robin built a nest in it, today the babies flew out of the nest!

ellen b. said...

The hanging baskets look great. Early morning walks are the best. Glad you can enjoy ice cream!

Happy@Home said...

I wonder if the birdie will still pick at the baskets now that the flowers are planted? They sure do look pretty.

Hill Top Post said...

You have so many pretty wildflowers along the roadside to admire on your morning walks. Those birds are quite resourceful when it comes to nest building. I have been doing without dairy for four of five years, but I am wanting a bowl of ice cream so badly!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The baskets of Petunias will be very pretty, as they fill out.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love your flower baskets. We have some very similar to those and Charly will be putting hooks up soon to hang them. Great pictures from your walk. I don't blame you for waiting until the library opens. I returned the one book I had out, put it in the book drop and am now reading from my "to read" stack at home. I have plenty of books and can do without the library for a while. That ice cream flavor sounds really good. See you again tomorrow.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Your new hanging flower baskets look terrific - quick work there. Yes, little birds tend to make use of all sorts of ready available materials to build their nest...I remember seeing a birds nest made almost entirely of crocheting wool. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the hanging baskets and flowers. Cute shot of the little bird.
The ice cream sounds yummy. I usually borrow ebooks from my library. Wishing you a happy day!

Vee said...

Hope you can hang onto the baskets. They look very nice with the petunias. Your idea of waiting until things return to normal is exactly mine with regard to many things. Alas, there are too many pushing this way of life for the duration.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's a petunia bird. Makes nests in petunia baskets.

(Info from a book which I am writing).

God bless.

Kerin said...

Love that second picture...it is so pretty!

Cute little bird, and your hanging baskets are wonderful!

Smiles :)
~K.

Pom Pom said...

I think that is a house finch. Oh, that ice cream flavor does sound so good. I wish I could eat dairy. When I do - ouch.
I agree with you about the library. Let's wait until things are back to normal.

Henny Penny said...

The little bird story is so cute, and your baskets turned out really pretty. Looks like the little bird didn't take away too much. I love all the wildflowers along the roadside where you walked. Sure is pretty there!

Bill said...

Beautiful plants and baskets. Nice story about the bird. Adding another flavor to your ice cream favorites list is always a plus. :)
Have a wonderful day.

Inger said...

I had to smile: You walked for six miles, I walked for 12 minutes! It's a start and the dogs were happy. Faith probably ran a couple of miles, full of joy to finally be out of the house, all the tall weeds cut back.

It sounds like you had a lovely day, I hope today was just as good.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your hanging baskets look great.
So pleased you enjoyed the new ice-cream.

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

That was an amazing picture of your sky!!

Adam said...

Nice flowers