Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 25, 2020

Swing


55 degrees this morning, calm and a mix of sun and clouds.
A great morning for a walk.
Walked to town and then up to the school.
The school parking lot is a good place to turn around and 
head back home.

Rose
This picture is for you.
The church in town is in about the middle of the picture.
This is taken up by the school.


The lilac bushes in town are in bloom now and I stopped by
the ones I passed just to smell them.
All three colors are pretty but my favorite is the
deep purple.


Walked 6 miles.

⛅️     🙂     ⛅️     ☀️

Got some stuff done inside the house in the morning.

It turned into a beautiful sunny summer like day.
Temperature was just over 80 degrees
so we went outside after lunch.

Ken washed our very dirty jeep.
While he did that I got our swing cleaned up and ready to paint.
We've had it about 6 years.  It was made with pressure treated wood
and after the years it just didn't look very nice anymore.
I got the a frame of it painted and then Ken
helped me paint the swing part.



Couldn't sit in it today because the paint was still sticky
but I'll be sitting there tomorrow.

Monday and once again Cross Stitch progress.
Just have the border to do and some more words.
It should be finished next week except for the
outlining of the whole thing.


To compare with last weeks progress click HERE.

That's been my day.
A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone ❤️

19 comments:

Tom said...

...when I was in the nursery business the dark purple lilacs always sold best. 83F today, what a change! Take care Karen.

Sandi said...

Beautiful pics!

Love the red swing.

Rose said...

Thank you for that pic...I would love to have it cropped and made into a jigsaw puzzle. It would be so much fun to work on such a pretty pic...and imagine it in snow.

I am with you on like the dark purple best, white just does not seem right for a lilac. LOL

You sure have been busy with the cross stitch!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That swing looks like a great place to sit and enjoy the activity of nature around you.

Debi said...

I have two light purple lilacs, one came from the house where I grew up and one came from my friend, Lucy's house. I love your red swing, such a pretty place to sit and relax. I always hated doing the cross stitch outlining and was tempted to just skip it, but I was always glad I didn't when it was done because the pieces always looked so much better with it. Yours is beautiful.

Hill Top Post said...

I see that the fields are being prepared for planting. I wonder if corn will be going in again. There's a lot to like in this post...sweet-smelling lilacs, a newly painted swing, and a lovely embroidered piece.

Granny Marigold said...

The swing looks great. It's amazing what a difference a coat of paint makes.
You've made good progress on your cross stitch too.

Adam said...

I'd give it a week to cure before any serious use.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I do love lilacs. Those are beautiful. I also like the dark purple one. We are thinking of getting a swing kind of like that for our back patio area. I love the paint job. The counted cross stitch looks great! See you again soon!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Spring Planting underway- warmer days ahead. Like your swing. Today had a one hour walk in the shopping center- to cold and rainy outside. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The lilac looks pretty.

God bless.

Vee said...

The swing looks very inviting. My mind went right to seeing a bear swinging or a deer. It is true that the more I am alone the more of a loon I'm becoming. 🤪

Carolyn said...

Good Morning! Your cross stitch is lovely! I need to get busy with a couple that I have started! Have a good day!

Bill said...

Nice swing. I could spend some time sitting there reading
Have a great day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful views of the farm land. I love the darker colored purple lilacs. The swing looks nice, we have had one for years too. Yoru cross stitch looks great! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Hootin Anni said...

Those lilacs, I wish I could smell them like you (we don't have them in south Texas). Beeee-autiful. And, I really like the distant photo of the town across the field. Calming. You're energetic, painting your yard swing and all. Ready to enjoy the great outdoors.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful blooms, lovely to see.
Your swing looks like a great place to sit.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

The Cross stitch is wonderful and I love the painted swing! Looks great in red.

Becki said...

Your red swing is wonderful!