Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Another day another walk

62 degrees with a misty rain and windy at times
this morning when I went on my walk.


 Had my umbrella up when I started but got tired of fighting the wind and
 after a couple of miles put the umbrella down.
It was warm so I didn't mind getting wet.

Walked to town.
Made a loop around town and ended up by the
ball park.  Walked that loop a couple of times and then
walked back home.

Saw a couple of gray cat birds along my road
as well as all the regular birds.

Looking down at the brook I saw a deer in the middle
of it getting a drink.

I always think of little umbrellas when I see these.


Walked 6 miles

🌧     🙂     🌧

  The morning was rainy but the afternoon brought
beautiful blue skies with big white clouds.


A day of puttering about the house doing this and that
and nothing really getting done.

Nice to sit out on the porch and just enjoy being there.
While we were out
up the road comes that same calf that leaves the pasture regularly. 
This time Farmer Gene was herding him
up the road in his car.


That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

13 comments:

Rose said...

Mayapples always remind me of umbrellas, too. I think they are so pretty. They have a white flower.

I don't know why it is, but every now and then there will be a cow or calf that is an escape artist! That is sure a pretty view from your porch.

I am worn out at the end of this day...and have not accomplished much at all.

Tom said...

...like Rose said mayapple look like natures miniature umbrellas! I hope that we get some rain, they keep delaying it in the forecast. I'm glad not to be Farner Gene!

ellen b. said...

Things are warming up for sure. I've got to get out earlier to do weeding and such as the sun really beats down later in the morning and afternoon. We are suppose to get up to 92 degrees on Saturday. That's a hot Spring day for sure. That is one renegade calf for sure. Too funny! Happy weekend to you!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love seeing pictures of the place you live. It is so green and beautiful!

Vee said...

Always a pleasure to stop by and check in with you. That's a pretty scene from your porch. You farmer neighbor needs a collie.

Granny Marigold said...

Sitting on the porch and just enjoying being there sounds like a perfect early summer's afternoon.
Funny how the neighbour's calf just won't stay home!

KEV. Robertson. said...

My -My...that little Calf seems to be a real escape artist....nice photos Karen- love the blue cloud sky. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Why not put the calf in the passenger seat? Or better still, teach him to drive!

God bless.

Aritha V. said...

No rain here. Please send some rain to the Netherlands. I love that one photo with those clouds and bits of blue.

eileeninmd said...

We had a day of rain too, that cow really loves your place. I have seen those plants growing here, they do look like little umbrellas.
Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!

Kerin said...

Love that you had the opportunity to sit awhile on the porch and watch the world and the calf go by.

Have a delightful weekend.

~K.

Bill said...

Beautiful walk, beautiful scenery and sky. Maybe the calf can walk with you if you have a leash, he seems to like wandering around. :)

Sue said...

Your rolling hills are so beautiful, happy to see it has warmed in your area, we have had continuous rain, looking forward to dryer weather.
Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Sue