Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Tuesday

40 degrees this morning when I left on my walk and cloudy
but rain was on the way so took along my umbrella just in case.
No wind today.

Just down the road from the house I counted 8 deer run right
across the street in front of me.
By the time I got my phone out of my pocket to take a picture
they were already way up in the field!!



Continued on my way to town and once there walked around
both of the cemeteries before heading back home again.
The rain held off till the last two miles of my walk.

Didn't see any people about.
Though I rarely do when I just walk the cemeteries.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     🙂     🌧

Right after breakfast we headed out to the Shop and Shave
for the weekly shopping trip.
Just needed a few things again this week.
Like last week I waited in the car while Ken did the shopping
and did that again today.
He likes to food shop.  I don't and just don't like wearing a face
mask so this works for us.
I did a word search puzzle while waiting.

Home to put things away and guess what Ken did?
Played video games.
Oh by the way I got the name of the game wrong yesterday.
It is NOT City Skyscapes but CITY SKYLINES.

I did a few things around the house and then read till lunch time. 

The afternoon zoomed right by while I worked on the counted cross stitch
and supper time came around before I knew it.

That's been my day.
 I enjoyed my Welsh Cookies last evening and will be having
some of them again tonight.

A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
Rose - No, 34 degrees is definitely not too cold for walking.  It's all in what you're wearing.  13 degrees is usually where I draw the line.  BUT it if is sunny and no wind I'd probably walk.

Tom - Glad to hear your heart 'got fixed' and you'll be back to walking soon. 😀
Will be praying for a quick recovery!

15 comments:

Tom said...

...tomorrow our SIL with do some shopping for us and we will phone an order to a local Mennonite store and they will bring the order out to our car. Take care Karen.

Adam said...

Saw a deer about a week ago.

Rose said...

Wow, 8 deer! What fun...I just love to see them. Isn't it amazing how the time flies! Sometimes I am amazed at how fast it flies and how little I accomplish.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a peaceful day. We went to a few stores yesterday and Dear went in the stores himself while I waited in the car. When we got to the grocery store I went in and he stayed in the car. I hate shopping with a mask. I can't think right. That's quite a large group of deer!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Sounds as though Ken is really enjoying his Computer Games...I must admit that I find the Games frustrating more than entertaining- however, ech to his own- good on Ken! Cheers. KEV.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Charly also likes to grocery shop. He has gone with me to shop almost every week since we got married over 41 years ago. I like the deer picture. Yes, they can really run fast. Glad you have had a good day. See you again tomorrow.

Granny Marigold said...

Ken likes to do the shopping and you don't so you have the perfect arrangement. I don't like wearing my mask either. My breath fogs up my glasses.

Angie said...

As of Sunday, Montana has started a gradual re-opening. I went to a printer, a Walgreen's and the post office today. Wow! It felt so odd to be out and to see other people. I wore my mask and gloves - I was smiling, but I don't think anyone could tell! Next time, can you show us pictures of your cross-stitch?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

"Didn't see any people about. Though I rarely do when I just walk the cemeteries."

?????

God bless.

Bill said...

It must be great when you see the deer when you're walking.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Michelle said...

I find that being at home makes the day go so fast. I feel like I am so much busier at home, than at work. Crazy!

Kerin said...

If I had a dime for every time that I've tried to turn on the camera to take a shot, only to miss it, I'd be a very wealthy woman...Lol!

Looks like this week is a good one so far for you both :)

~K.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the view of the field and deer! My hubby likes to do the shopping too. The days are flying by! Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.

Retired Knitter said...

Haha. I had to laugh. Ken likes to shop and you don't. Same here. Unfortunately, my husband is blind and can't drive or shop so it falls to me. And now with the Covid restrictions. - some stores in this area don't allow more than one person in a family to come in the store. He always shopped with me. Right up until recently - even when he couldn't see what we were buying, he would push the cart and I would steer from the front. Now that has all changed.