Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 27, 2020

Another day another walk ๐Ÿ™‚

Yesterday I walked in rain and 44 degrees.
This morning it was 34 degrees, cloudy, some wind
and few rain drops here and there that didn't amount to anything.

As usual walked to town.
Went through town and over to the ball park and walked
that loop a couple of times.

The trail behind the park is greening up nicely.


Continued walking past the post office and past the day care center.
I pass this other small cemetery too.
It is very small and just along the road.
Saw Lisa out running as I was just getting to town.
Haven't seen her in a very long time.
We passed on opposite sides of the road.

I've just put town behind me here and starting down the
main road back home which is 2 miles away.


Walked 6 miles

☁️     ๐Ÿ™‚     ☁️

We had a cloudy morning but mid afternoon we saw some
sun though it was windy.

Got some housework done this morning.

Ken got a new game for his play station in the mail today.
This one is called City Skyscapes and you build cities.
He really likes this one.
While he played I watched and made
weave-it squares for my bedspread.
Finished another 24 squares which is a row.
Tonight I'll sew them together and then sew it on the bedspread.
This will make 14 rows done with 10 more rows to go.
The finished bedspread will be made up of 576 squares.
Since I'm making it in between the baby blankets it is taking me
a long time.  Must be working on it a year by now.
A baby blanket has just 70 squares.

No progress on the cross stitch this week.
Never did a stitch on it.
I'll get some work done on it this week.

I made some Welsh Cookies this afternoon and will
be having four of those for my snack this evening
instead of ice cream.

 Each day seems to be rolling right into another
and sometimes I don't even know what day it is. ๐Ÿ™‚
Sure is nice to have my morning walk each day.
Everything seems normal when I'm out there walking.

May your day be a healthy and happy one.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️

17 comments:

ellen b. said...

It's good to have some daily routines that keep us grounded. I look each morning on the calendar to see what day of the week it is. That is a lot of squares for your bedspread! Nice photos.

Hill Top Post said...

The trail behind the park looks so inviting. I like your "Heading Home" picture. What a lovely place to walk. It's no surprise that Ken the Builder would like building skyscrapers. And, yay, for another row on the bedspread!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I think it is important to have something in our life right now that is 'normal'. For me it is going out with my camera and capturing nature.

Granny Marigold said...

Another day, another walk... that describes my day too. Being Monday I did the laundry so I know it was Monday but the rest of the days sort of run together.

Rose said...

Lovely views...was it a bit cool to be walking or not? I was trying to remember how it felt to work at that temp...probably not bad being active.

Lorelei has a game on her Kindle Fire where she builds houses, and she really enjoys it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Yes, the days do seem to run together, don't they. I feel like every blog post I do is just the same things - grading, reading, walking, making masks, grocery shopping on Friday. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Yes, my walks also help me to stay grounded. Sounds like Ken is really enjoying his play station. Enjoy your Welsh Cookies and I will see you again tomorrow.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Another very busy day for you Karen...yes, with this Corona Virus restrictions one day seems to blend into another and if it wasn't for the radio - I'd have no clue as to what day it is. Stay well there in Western Maryland. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's cloudy and raining here too. Light rain.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We have had a lot of rain lately. The days are going by quickly and just all run together. It is nice to get outside for fresh air and a walk. Take care, have a happy day!

Jeanette said...

The trail looks like a nice place to walk. The sun is out here today and its going to be almost 70! I see a nice long walk when I get off of work.

Inger said...

Isn't it amazing how many creative things you can get done when you don't have a TV? I love all the things you accomplish in a given day. Have another great day today!

Bill said...

My wife and I went for a walk down along the river this morning and it was suuny. After lunch we were off to the grocery store and it started to rain. Now it's cloudy and cool. Weird weather! :)
Have a wonderful day.

Tom said...

...they fixed my heart yesterday, so soon I will be able to walk again.

Vee said...

If it feels normal when walking, I suppose that it feels oddly out of kilter when not walking. Life feels pretty wonky just now.

Tom said...

...the trail behind the park looks like a wonderful place to walk.

Debi said...

I agree that all the days seem to run together. Even the weekends are running together!

Retired Knitter said...

Ever since I retired, I have problem know what the day is! Can't wait to see your own blanket. I still remember the one you gave your daughter - and that she gave it to her dog. I love dogs, but I would never give them such a beautiful item to sleep on.