Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Outside this afternoon

This morning I walked in the sunshine and it was 41 degrees.
How nice to feel the sun on my face.

Walked to town and walked around the lower cemetery.
Then through town, past the library and over to the
ball park and walked the loop there.
This picture is of the stream behind the park.


Walked back through town and home again.

Lisa and her husband Dwayne were out walking and we stopped
(at a distance) and had a short chat.

Walking back up my road there were a couple of rabbits
which I tried to get a picture of.  Got one picture and
as I walked closer they ran away.
There are two of them in this picture.
It is like a finding Waldo picture.
Wonder if you can find them.


The sun stayed out the whole time I was walking.  🙂
How nice to walk in the sun.

☀️     🙂     ☁️

Got a meatloaf started in the slow cooker this morning.
Also made some hamburgers and put them in the freezer 
for another day.

It clouded up and we had a rain shower but then the sun
came out again and it was 60 degrees so I went outside this
afternoon and puttered about the property.

Cleaned out the leaves and old dead daisies from last year.
Under all that the daisies have started.
The green on the left is Autumn Joy.


This section has cone flowers and they too have started.


Also Hens and Chicks


Sure nice to get outside on a warm sunny day.

My neighbor calf got out again but this time Gene the farmer
was there to round him up.
Tom - Though they do jump over the cattle gate you were right
when you said a little repair on the fence was needed.
Gene told me there was a gap in the fence.
He was fixing it when I was outside so we shall see if that keeps
the little guy at home. : )

Once I was back inside I worked on the cross stitch till supper time.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone  🙂
Comment Replies:
Angie - I post counted cross stitch progress pictures on Mondays.  Didn't this past Monday because I didn't work on it last week.  There will be a picture this Monday.

20 comments:

Tom said...

...Karen, your spring is springing along! It's always nice to see the perennials popping up, my hostas and daylilies up and doing well. Take care and stay well.

Pom Pom said...

I walked in the sun today, too! It IS wonderful!
We had meatloaf last night. I love it way too much.

The Furry Gnome said...

I see one, but not the 2nd.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- good to see the sun and get a bit done in the garden- I can spot the two Rabbits- thanks for posting. Regards. KEV.

Hill Top Post said...

I found both the rabbits, but had to enlarge the picture; glad I did because that's a great photo! It looks like spring is coming fast there. I also like to feel the sun on my face.

Debi said...

You had a pretty productive day! I recorded a story for my little grands and a new chapter in the book I'm reading for the big grands, did a load of laundry, made some masks, called to check on a friend who lives alone and made dinner. Now I've got my feet up and checking out the blogs I follow. Stay safe and well!

Rose said...

I could see one rabbit without expanding the view but had a bit of trouble spotting the second one. It sure blends in!

ellen b. said...

Glad you got that sunshine on your face for your walk. It's been ages since I made meatloaf. I think I'll add that to our menu this week or next. Soon you'll have flowers popping out to enjoy.

Granny Marigold said...

Good thing the farmer fixed the fence so that adventurous calf won't be able to escape.
Walking in sunshine is so much better than rain. Our forecast is not at all encouraging...rain and more rain.

Joyful said...

I can tell you really enjoyed the sun out on your walk today. We've had rain all week. More than I was expecting but the sun is supposed to come out here and there over the next few days. Late April rain made up for almost no rainfall the entire month. I spotted the 2 rabbits in the middle of the photo. They are very well camouflaged.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Well camouflaged rabbits.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty view of the creek. I did find both bunnies. We made meatloaf yesterday with roasted veggies. Take care, enjoy your day!

Sandi said...

Beautiful pictures, Karen. I see the rabbits! 😊

"The sun stayed out the whole time I was walking."

What a blessing!

Kerin said...

Yep...I see the rabbits :)

Your flowers are going to be gorgeous!

I had some autumn joy sedum and gave a start to a friend.
Now that we've moved, I'll have to get a start back from her.

~K.

Jeanette said...

The sun shining really does make all the difference, doesn't it?

Bill said...

Spring is springing forward at your place, that's a nice feeling. I only could see one rabbit, maybe the other one left the scene and didn't want a photo taken. Secret identity, you know. :)

Brenda said...

Continue to do my five to six inside the apartment and hallways...maybe a day around the buildings here and there...cold and rainy today already. My 48th day in I believe...car won't know how to act-I do start it...family drops groceries off outside the building for me. Love your blog. have you stopped doing puzzles? I do them Oct-March but then stick to other hobbies. I facetime hours a day home schooling grands...fun fun...days fly by it seems. Will have to go out when family gets back to routine...will stick to small places at first. Love your blog-and love the baby blankets. Maybe a little history in the blog about you and your life.

Kathi said...

What beautiful surroundings. Your spring is very peaceful. I love your succulents in the large pot. I am glad you were able to enjoy some sunshine. Kathi

Henny Penny said...

I see both rabbits. That's such a pretty walk and I love the stream! Bet is was nice to walk in the sun. We have had rain and wind since early this morning...and it's cool again, but that's okay. I've worked outside in the sun the last two days.

Inger said...

Is that what they call a dry stone wall in the UK? It must have been nice to run into some people on your walk. I'm far too tired right now to look for rabbits, I hope to discover some of my "own" here once the tall weeds get mowed down. It sounds like another nice day for you.