Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 13, 2020

Pink Sky

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day and I got to walk in sunshine.
This is what the sky looked like when I left yesterday.


We had rain and wind last night again but it had all stopped by
morning when I walked. 
It was 52 degrees, cloudy with just a little wind.
Not the kind of wind that blows you down the street!!

On the way to town saw the usual deer and rabbits.
Today I kept my walking stick with me the whole time!

Once I got to town I walked around the lower cemetery and
then over to the ball park loop and walked around there twice.
The back home again.

Saw a woman out walking - a new person I've not seen before.

The big excitement in town this morning was the road that
leads up to the school was blocked off because some wires up
near the school had blown down and they were getting fixed.

Walked 6 miles

☁️      ☁️     ☁️

The routine for Monday morning now is to go shopping at the
Dollar General right after breakfast.
There was only one other person in the store.
Tomorrow we go to the Shop and Save and get what we can't
get at the Dollar General.

We no sooner got home when the rain came and its been one
of those days when we have lots of rain in between short
periods of sun.  Also the wind is back.

Baked a cake today.
Nothing fancy, just a red velvet box cake and put
chocolate glaze on the top.
Haven't had a piece yet - having a piece for our snack tonight.


Been working on those three easy puzzles of a bear, chipmunk,
and kitty.  Have the bear and the chipmunk done and started the
kitty today.

I'm enjoying getting back to doing counted cross stitch again.
Eyes aren't as good as they used to be but having
the ott light sure does help a lot!!
The progress so far after week three.


So ends another day.
Life is Good
A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  🥰

15 comments:

ellen b. said...

Beautiful sky to start the day. That's great that you can shop with an almost empty store. Love your stitching. That's going to be a nice snack tonight!

Rose said...

That sure was a pretty pink sky! We had wind today that felt like off an iceberg! We were supposed to get 50 mph winds...not sure they were that strong...but not sure they weren't stronger, too. They just went right through a person.

Boy, I know what you mean about eyes not as good as they used to be....always a struggle to thread needles.

But your c. cross stitch is coming along! Looking really good.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That cake looks good. It will make a tasty snack.

Tom said...

...our sunrise for Easter was similar to yours! Yesterday five fire trucks drove down the street with signs wishing everyone a Happy Easter, during times like these the importance of the community volunteer is even more appreciated. Take care Karen, stay safe.

Hill Top Post said...

Good idea to keep that walking stick with you. My son gave me mine also, but he didn't make it. Hubby made one for me out of hickory but it is much heavier than the one I carry. I love the pink sky.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful picture of the pink sky. That cake looks delicious. I have been sewing lots of cloth face masks for friends and family so I have not ha time to do a weekend post or visit too many blogs. So glad you are able to get what you need when you go to the store. Have a good one!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I've yet to decide which is the better photo. The pink sky or the chocolate cake?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty pink sunrise. Yesterday we had a stormy day, heavy rain and wind and tornado watches. The cake looks yummy! Take care, have a happy week!

Kerin said...

Very pretty sunrise.
I like that the big excitement in town was fixing power lines...the joys of small town life :)

Love your cross stitch!

~K.

Adam said...

Pretty sky.

Inger said...

I was going to walk today, but my diabetes device kept me up until one in the morning, something's really wrong with it.So I have to deal with it later. Anyhow, it's always an inspiration to read you posts. I'm happy your life is good. Daily walks would greatly improve mine. Well, at least the rain and snow has stopped here, the sun is shining, the birds twittering, we'll see. Meanwhile I will continue to visit your blog and get inspired.

Bill said...

Beautiful sky and a delicious looking cake.
Enjoy your day.

Vee said...

Your cross stitch looks as if it will be a local scene. I considered trying cross stitch some years ago. I used to do it all the time. Nope. The eyes were too far gone. I am glad that you are able to do it with the help of your special light.

Michelle said...

We have a small DG about 10 minutes from our farm. Lately it seems like I am about the 3rd person in the store and I am glad! They offer some fresh produce and other things. A much better option than Wal Mart! Stay well!

Granny Marigold said...

That must have been quite a wild wind to knock down those wires!
It sounds like you're happy with your OTT light. I might eventually have to buy one as my eyesight gets worse.