Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 20, 2020

Progress

It was a cloudy morning but 38 degrees with no wind
when I left this morning walking to town.
Quite a few deer around again just down the street from
where I live up in one of the fields.

When I got to town I walked around the two 
cemeteries a couple of times.
Picture taken at the cemetery at the top of the hill.
The school I walk up to once in a while is in the background.


Went down from the cemetery to see the bulls down
by the barn.


Then headed back home.

Saw quite a few cars and trucks but no people.

The steep hill I have to walk up at the end of my walk
is getting easier to walk up.
Used to have to stop and rest but not anymore.
Now I don't even feel like stopping for a rest! 🙂
I slow down a bit though so my next goal is to
be able to walk up at a faster rate.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     ☁️     ☁️ 

We went to the Dollar General for our Monday morning shopping.
This was the first time we had to wear face masks.
I can see wearing them in populated places but around here
it seems unnecessary.
It is very easy to stay the required 6 feet away from people.
But I'll wear one because we have to.
Today we were the ONLY people in the store.

After lunch the sun came out and it was in the 50's.
No wind either which made it a great day for working out back.
Added more dead fall to the natural fence and cut
some more sticker bushes.  I add them to the fence too.
Nice being outside!!

Another picture of the counted cross stitch I'm working on.
Posting a picture of my progress keeps me working on it.  🙂


 To compare from last week click
HERE.

Finished all the weave-it squares for the latest baby blanket and now
have to plan out a pattern and sew them together.
Will get started on that this evening.

That's for today.
A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone 🥰

18 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Good for you for the uphill stamina. It does take a while, doesn't it? Love your cross stitch project. I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch but haven't touched it in years.
Hope you are on your way to warmer weather for walking and hoping the same for us.
We all wear masks here-there is a pocket of the virus all around us...and i don't go much of anywhere. xo Diana

Rose said...

You have really come along on the counted cross stitch...I really like it.

Tom said...

...I wish that I could thread a needle, I'd like to "build a barn."

Adam said...

I can see wearing masks in Dollar General, the aisles are so cramped.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like you are getting stronger everyday. Love the counted cross stitch.

Leslie said...

I love your cross stitch!
You are amazing to be able to do the walking that you do and not stop . My twice a week walk is only about 2 miles and I'm panting buy the time I get home.
I wore my mask for the first time today also.. I understand it here in Parkville ( our numbers are pretty high) and I did feel better wearing it and seeing everyone else in one.. but it was still a pain. My hot breath kept fogging my glasses up. lol

Have a great Tuesday.
stay safe.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen-You seem to be going from strength to strength with your walking- you are an inspiration for sure. I've been doing laps of our Courtyards - less than five minutes walk (8 Laps). This satifies the stipulation for the first week out of Hospital. Cheers. KEV.

Granny Marigold said...

You've done quite a bit on your cross stitch. I used to do some and know how painstaking it can be.
I wonder too about some of the new rules we have with masks and such. Rules should but don't always make sense.

Joyful said...

It seems the weather is slowly warming where you are. Thankfully we do not yet have to wear masks where I live because there are none to be found. If I really have to I guess I can make some but I'd rather not. I have a lot of other projects to keep me busy. I like your cross stich. One day I may try my hand at it but for right now I have a lot of other things to do. Just thankful to be able to do what I can do. Have an awesome week ahead.

Deb J. in Utah said...

It is fun when we can see progress in ourselves. We are wearing masks all the time when we go to the store. I don't particularly like it because it makes it hard to breath, but I am willing to do it to try and slow the spread of the virus and keep myself and others safe. I love the counted cross stitch. Wish I still had some of my old projects, but I am pretty sure I got rid of them when we moved up here to Utah. I hope you have a good Tuesday. See you later!

Hill Top Post said...

I really like your cross-stitched project. It is so neatly done, but I get the feeling that you would rather be outside cutting sticker bushes. :~)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks rather cold from your photos. Winter lasts longer where you are.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We are wearing the mask while shopping now.. Your cross stitch picture is so pretty. It feels good to be able to do a brisk walk.. Take care, enjoy your day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I can't imagine being the only people in the store but I guess that's like the trails we hike when we don't see another person for the 2 or 3 hours we're out there! I'm getting ready to leave for a morning hike! I'll think about you! Enjoy your day. Hugs!

Bill said...

We just got back from shopping, not many people and no checkout line. That's a first for us. Nice cross-stitch project, it's moving along very nice. I wouldn't be able to see where the needle goes. ;)
Have a wonderful day!

Vee said...

The counted cross stitch is really coming along nicely. Does your corner have anyone with covid-19? Yes, some of these things seem particularly odd. I suppose that we'll do them for the others who would be scandalized if we didn't. There's a Scripture, but it eludes me. You are so fit, I'm not surprised that you zip right up that drive.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the look of your cross stitch.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's fun to see a cross-stitch project come together.