Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Hail

Didn't realize it was raining slightly until I walked out of the
house this morning to go walking.
It was 45 degrees so it wasn't that cold but the wind did kick up
a bit from time to time.

Thought about turning around and going home at one point
a mile or so into my walk but then it looked like sky was
starting to clear so carried on.

Walked to town and then up toward the school.
This isn't a very good picture but the bulls on the hay
made me smile.


By the time I got up to the school the sun was coming out,
BUT looking at the sky I knew it wouldn't last.


I was right and the rain came again.
Not enough to get me soaked but I was a bit wet by the time I 
got back home.

Rebecca was out walking this morning as well as another woman
and the man walking his dog.

All in all a good walk and very glad I didn't turn around and
go home early.

Walked 6 miles

🌧     ⛅️     🌧

Shopping day a the Shop and Save again.
We only needed a few things.
I went with Ken in the truck but didn't go inside the store with him.
 
About 11:00 this morning it got VERY windy and dark.
Thunder and lightning and then came the hail.


In 20 minutes the whole thing blew over.
The sun came out and the hail was gone.
It stayed windy so didn't go outside this afternoon in the woods.

Got a few strips of the baby blanket sewn together
and just puttered about the house doing this and that.

Ken got a new toy in the mail today.
A play station so he's been busy with that.
He needs something else to do besides trains when he can't be outside. 🙂
Those games are not for me!

That's all for today.
A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
Vee - We just had 4 cases of the virus here in our county and that was a month ago with no new cases.  Sure hope it stays that way.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...what a day here, rain, then snow and wind and finally blue skies and WIND! Welcome to spring, it has arrived. Those are some wonderful trees at the school. Take care karen and stay safe.

Rose said...

I love that shot below the bulls, and the bulls made me smile, too. They wanted some padding under them and I don't blame them. We ad sunshine all this day for which I am very thankful.

Granny Marigold said...

My Goodness. You had every kind of weather except snow!!
The colours in the second photo are so lovely, like a calendar picture.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunny picture with the dark sky is stunning. I hope the hail did no damage.

Inger said...

It's always nice to visit you. Thanks for being an inspiration to get up and get out and walk, even if mine only are about 20 minutes.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- all seasons by the sound of it- hope Ken has fun with his Playstation- computer games arn't my thing either- I'd rather build something from Cardboard instaed. Cheers. KEV.

Debi said...

We walked today in between showers. The thermometer said it was 51 but is was very windy and it sure didn't feel like 51!

ellen b. said...

You had quite a variety of weather on your walk and throughout the day. I'm with you those games aren't for me. I mowed the lawn today for the first time this year so that will be a weekly job again until the fall.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - my son has a Play Station 4 which he loves and probably is spending way too much time on now that his work hours have been cut in half due to this pandemic. He plays games online with other people across the country. Charly used to be more of a video gamer than he is now. I have never enjoyed video games at all, except some of the different sports games for the Wii, but I haven't played those in ages. I hope your cases of the virus stay very low. Our cases of the virus as well as deaths continue to climb, but we are lower here than some other states. Who knows what the future will hold? Stay well and have a good one.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I think there are less cases in the rural area, mainly due to a smaller population. I think the highest number near me(not very close) was from a nursing home in Carroll Co Maryland. I am glad you were home when the hail started. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The last photo looks very cold ... and wet.

God bless.

dot said...

The pictures you share on your walk make it extra special to those reading your blog. I'm glad if I inspired you in some way. You must not have gone to the right page for my blog. It's Strolling Through Georgia and I do take my own pictures I just seldom post any more. You must have gone to my B&W blog which is about dead. I mostly do photography facebook pages now. Here is the cornbread recipe I use. I never have been a cornbread fan until I started making it. I just use plain cornmeal and black pepper out of the can. lol. It does make a lot tho so I half the recipe it then freeze it. https://relish.com/recipes/86775/cheese-and-black-pepper-cornbread

Jeanette said...

Good thing that hail didn't come when you were on your walk! The weather has been crazy this month. I think we've had hail at least 3 times so far! I say enough already!

Bill said...

You had a mixed weather day, at least you didn't get soaked.
Enjoy your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness, what a mix of weather you had!

All the best Jan