Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Sunlight

A hymn for Sunday 
Another one we sing often at church.

Sunlight
Lyrics - Judson W Van de Venter (1855 - 1939)
Music - Winfield Scott Weeden (1847 - 1908)

1. I wandered in the shades of night, 
Till Jesus came to me,
And with the sunlight of His love 
Bid all my darkness flee.

Refrain:
Sunlight, sunlight in my soul today, 
Sunlight, sunlight all along the way; 
Since the Savior found me, took away my sin, 
I have had the sunlight of His love within.

2. Though clouds may gather in the sky, 
And billows ’round me roll, 
However dark the world may be 
I’ve sunlight in my soul.

3. While walking in the light of God, 
I sweet communion find;
I press with holy vigor on 
And leave the world behind.

4. I cross the wide, extended fields, 
I journey o’er the plain, 
And in the sunlight of His love 
I reap the golden grain.

5. Soon I shall see Him as He is, 
The Light that came to me; 
Behold the brightness of His face, 
Throughout eternity. 

If you want to hear the hymn sung click
 (only the first and last verses)

A Happy and Healthy Sunday!!
God Bless You.
happyone  🥰

Comment Replies:
Tom - No mending of the fence needed.  The little one jumped over the cattle gate!  🙂

10 comments:

Tom said...

...oh, an athletic cafe, in Maui there are lots of cattle gates too. This is a new hymn for me, rain here today. Take care and stay well.

Sandi said...

Soon I shall see Him as He is.

...chills...

dot said...

I love the old hymns. That's a good one!

R's Rue said...

❤️

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is always wonderful to have the sunlight of God in our hearts and souls, but right now, even more so.

ellen b. said...

What a glorious day that will be when we meet our Savior face to face.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless you.

Rose said...

I will listen later...I am not familiar with this but I like the words a lot.

Bill said...

Thank you! I going to listen to it afer I leave here.

Inger said...

You are truly blessed with your strong connection to the Lord. It's a joy to read about your good life.