Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Sunny



How nice to have a walk in the sunshine today. 🙂 ☀️
Left the house at 6:35.
31 degrees and no wind.
Sunrise 6:43

On the way to town I saw another glove on the side of the road
and added it to the next post.
Now there are 5 gloves waving to people as they leave town.

Walked a loop around the town and over to the ball park
and walked the loop there.
Then past the post office and then down the road by the day care center.

Back up to the main road and home once again.

Walked 6 miles


It was only 33 when I hung the laundry outside to dry but
it was in the 40's later with a bit of a breeze so a perfect day
for drying clothes.

We met up with the senior group (Super Seniors) from church
at Uno's in Deep Creek for a lunch.

When we got back home, I got the clothes in off the line and
folded them, took the puzzle apart and thought about starting
another but thought I'd wait a few more days.

Did a few chores and then read.
 Had supper and now we are headed off
to the evening prayer service at church.

That's been my day.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
Rose - When it rains I wear rain pants and my yellow slicker.  Yes, I do bring my umbrella too.  On windy days the umbrella is about useless though.  In the summer I don't mind getting wet but when it is cold it is not so pleasant.

Dianna - The Shop and Save we to go to is in McHenry and the diner is in Oakland.

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

It's certainly warmer there than it is here.

Rose said...

We had sunshine today, too! I clouded up for a little bit this morn, or so I thought. I was looking south...but when I went and looked west, there was blue skies! I definitely don't enjoy getting wet when it is cold...but love being in the rain when it is pleasant.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunshine adds such warmth and color to the pictures.

The Furry Gnome said...

Beautiful sunshine!

Tom said...

...a sunny day is a wonderful day!

Joyful said...

What lovely scenes.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Nice to see the sunshine and warmth- we're just starting our Autumn with lots of Rain (which is great)...have fun there.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The sunshine is welcome, beautiful photos. Wishing you a happy day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I bet there is someone deliberately leaving gloves to see what you'll do with them.

God bless.

Sue said...

A delightful day indeed, karen, I always smile when you tell of finding a glove, I imagine it is getting to be a pretty piece of artwork! I was happy to see the ground with no snow,
I know you were too! Enjoyed all the photos.
Blessings,
Sue

Pom Pom said...

Yay for a long sunny walk! Do you ever have to stop and use a restroom?

Adam said...

As cold as it is where you are, I'm surprised any gloves get lost.

Bill said...

What a wonderful sunny day, we had one too. :)

Rose said...

I forgot to tell you that I LOVED that second shot....and the third is nice, too!

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

ellen b. said...

Sunshine is such a treat for a walk. Sounds like a good day.