Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Baking, shopping, bowling

41 degrees this morning when I left the house on my walk.
Left at 6:35 and sunrise was 6:45.
The sky had just a bit of color when I started out
but it only lasted a couple of minutes and then it was just cloudy.


Walked to the edge of town and then around the lower cemetery
a couple of times.  Continued on up the hill to the other 
cemetery and walked around there a couple of times too
before walking back home again.

So nice to see a couple of Robins which reminds me that
spring isn't that far away.
There are a couple of birdhouses at the cemetery
and I saw a Bluebird fly out of one of them.
Another Bluebird was flying about too.
Couldn't get a picture of them but did take a picture of
their house.


About a mile from home I felt the first few rain drops
and a half mile from home it rained.
 Rain was expected this morning so it was nice to get most
of my walk done before the rain came.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     🌧     ☔️

  No puzzles today! 
Right after breakfast I got started and baked a batch of
They are for my friend Bettye.  🙂

After the cookies we went to the Shop and Save and did our
weekly food shopping there again.
We will be shopping there from now on.

Bowling day again.
Neither one of us did very good but we laughed a lot.
My scores:
133
123
111
Ken's scores:
120
137
112

There were 6 of us bowling and this week
we all went to a diner in town called The 3rd Street Diner
  after bowling for supper.

A good day that went by much too fast!
Hope your day was a happy one.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
Deb - There are just over 300 people living in my town and just over 29,000 people in the county.
Yes, we sold the house in town. 

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

I like that birdhouse.

Rose said...

I wish we had bluebirds...I have never seen one at our house. See them out other places. But more than that I wish a pair of Carolina wrens would come and stay.

It is worth going to bowl just to be able to be with friends you can laugh with. Glad you were closer to home before the rain started. Did you have an umbrella and do you use one? I used to would rather get wet as to deal with one.

Debi said...

We have a couple of birdhouses that look just like that one. We still have lots of snow so no bluebirds yet! What a pretty sunrise photo!

Sandi said...

beautiful sunrise!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the sunrise picture. Wow that is a small town you live in. So nice. I love it!

Tom said...

...back home seeing a bluebird is a rare treat!

Hill Top Post said...

Laughter is the best medicine...better than a high score I would think. The blue birds were hanging out around the boxes today. Our new box is in a good location except for the fact that we can't see it from our house. I will have to walk down the hill just a bit to spy on it.

Angie said...

We have seen the first of the male blackbirds near our house - a sure sign that Spring is coming. It will be a while yet for the bluebirds - we are anxious to see if they take up residence in our birdhouses this year. Good for you that you can enjoy bowling for the fun and not the score!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the sky shot and the bluebird house. Spring is close, we are still having some cold weather. Great bowling scores. Enjoy your day, wishing you good days ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The robins have started visiting our garden this week.

God bless.

Dianna said...

I love it that you laughed a lot when you were bowling! It is some of the best medicine we can have! Where is the Shop and Save that you go to? And the diner that you mentioned?

Inger said...

I never thought to blog at the end of the day. What a great journal of you life you are accumulating.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Robins are always a welcome sight in spring. I am waiting to see or hear my first one.

Bill said...

I love Bluebirds, nice birdhouse too.
Spring will be here before you know it.:)
Happy day to you!

Adam said...

Nice scores

ellen b. said...

Laughing is a good side benefit to bowling! Glad you got that walk in mostly before the rain!