Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Pizza

 Sunrise 7:05
Rain, thunder and lightning this morning so started my walk
doing laps in the basement.
After walking two miles the rain storm ended so decided to continue
walking outside.
By then it was 50 degrees.
Walked up and down the lane.


Looking to town from up the lane.


Saw 5 deer along the lane (the ones that we see most days out back)
and a whole mess of wild turkeys.

After walking just about 3 miles I felt the first drops of rain
and headed back home.  
Made it home before getting wet.

Walked the last mile back down in the basement.
So walked my 6 miles.

🦌     🦃     ⛈

Made pancakes this morning for breakfast.
Then on to the usual morning routine.
By afternoon the rain had stopped and the sun came out
and the temperature was up to 68 degrees!!!
So we went outside.


Got quite a bit of the next section cleared.
Clipped a mess of stickers bushes and added them to the fence.
Ken cut down a few of the rotted trees with the chain saw
and those trees got added to the fence too.
 What a beautiful spring day and it was great to be outside!

When supper time rolled around we made home made pizza.
I made the dough and Ken the actual pizza.
Isn't it a beauty?!


Worked a little bit more on the counted cross stitch too.
No time for reading though.
Will do that later this evening.
Watched another old Ma and Pa Kettle movie last night
and will watch another tonight.

 That's been my Saturday.
A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🙂

18 comments:

Rose said...

Your pizza does look delicious! The sky looks beautiful. It was warm enough to sit on the porch here, again...it was wonderful But overcast. Still, with temps like this, I don't mind.

Tom said...

...overcast and rain here. Now that's a pizza right up my alley, I like a thick crust. Take care and enjoy your spring days.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Homemade pizza is the best! We make them together in our kitchen too! Take care and stay healthy!

ellen b. said...

A great Saturday in your neck of the woods. We worked on our burn pile and I cut down a lot of plants/weeds with the hedge trimmer. Now my back is singing the blues! Have a great Saturday evening and Sunday!

Granny Marigold said...

How fortunate that the weather turned nicer and you reached 68 degrees!!
Your pizza looks good. I like a thicker crust too but my DH likes a thin one so we have to have each our own.

Vee said...

You’ve made me hungry for pizza.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That pizza does look good, even when I'm not at all hungry.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Why has no one invented a chocolate covered pizza? Or with strawberries and cream, or with mayonnaise and pickled cucumbers?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views, love the sky shot and the pizza looks delicious. Wishing you a happy healthy week!

Jeanette said...

Pizza looks good! I used to make a homemade chicken pizza but I haven't in a long time. Don't know why!

Bill said...

the pizza looks great!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Your pizza looks delicious! I would like to have a piece! Looks like you had a great and productive day. See you again soon!

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful pictures!! and that Pizza looks Awesome!
I think Pizza is my favorite food!! We have Pizza night every Friday :)

Debi said...

68 degrees... that must have felt like heaven! I get very excited when we hit fifty degrees! Your piza looks delicious.

o2bhiking said...

Great job on the walking. Oh, that pizza looks incredible. That's on a (very long) list of things I should no longer eat, even though my weight is about 170. But learning that I'd been slowly clogging my arteries rules out cheese and such for the most part. So I will enjoy your pizza vicariously!

Adam said...

Nice pizza

Lowcarb team member said...

Your pizza looks fabulous, and very delicious …

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Those first views are quite brooding.