Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 27, 2020

Walking from the house

Don't have to drive to town anymore because it is light
enough to start walking at 6:50 now so just wait until then
to leave.  Before long I'll be able to leave again at 6:30.
Temperature was 45 degrees, cloudy and calm.
Sunrise 7:07
Walking to town I saw 4 deer and 2 rabbits.
Once to town walked up the main road and over to the
ball park and walked around the loop.
Then on the road passed the day care center (which is closed)

 over to the cemetery up on the hill.

Then headed back home again.
Saw Rebecca out walking, 
Also saw Ruth Ann and a man who works at the garage in town.
The new greeting lately is 
"Good Morning, stay healthy."
All three said that to me this morning.

On the way home I saw 2 more deer
and quite a few birds,
Robins
BlueJays
Cardinals.
Birds always seem happy as they fly about chirping
and they sure put a smile on my face.

My walk to town is in three parts.
To town which is 2 miles.
Around town for 2 miles
and the last 2 miles back home.

☁️     🙂     ☁️
After breakfast I always to the usual house chores
and a little house cleaning.
After that is done I'm on to fun stuff.

The fun stuff today was counted cross stitch
and reading.
 It didn't get nice out until 4:00 this afternoon when the
sun came out for a little while.
By that time it was too late to go outside,
had to get supper started.
We had tuna casserole though I don't even put tuna in it anymore.
Starting using canned chicken quite a while ago.
 
Last night we watched an old movie called
The Egg and I with Fred MacMurray and Claudette Colbert.
A bit corny but we liked it.

And so another day comes to an end.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone  🙂

Comment Replies:
FG - Thanks for identifying the little yellow flowers yesterday as Yellow Sweet Coltsfoot.  What a great name for them.

HillTop - A lot of the trees down are rotted so when I try to drag them they come apart in pieces.  If I can, I just drag them along.  I have some cutters that are good for cutting down the little saplings and the sticker bushes.  Big trees that I can't drag along Ken will cut them with the chain saw for me. 

16 comments:

Tom said...

...yes today's greeting is all about stay healthy and well and that's my greeting to you!

ellen b. said...

A whole new paradigm in these pandemic days. Tuna casserole with canned chicken sounds like a good alternative. Thanks for the inspiration.
Happy weekend to you!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That movie sounds so good! I watched an old goofy movie with Lucille Ball this week called The Fuller Brush girl! It was really cute! I bet you would like it too! Take care!

Rose said...

Sounds like a wonderful, ordinary day to me. Mine was, too!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, sounds like a good day for you. I like old movies and Fred MacMurray was always one of my favorites. Hope you have a good Saturday and I will see you again soon.

Granny Marigold said...

I like the picture of the lone tree there in the cemetery. I like to walk around older cemeteries and read the inscriptions.

Hill Top Post said...

Your third picture is my favorite for the day! We enjoy old movies as far back as the 1930s. Dan refuses to let me use his chain saw, so I have to be happy with heavy duty pruners.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like the Low Cloud/ Lifting Fog in your Photos.

Adam said...

Stay healthy out there

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Sounds like a great walk. I think the critters (the deer,rabbits and birds) are all happy it is spring now too. Great sightings. Take care and stay healthy! Enjoy your weekend!

Bill said...

Another great day for a walk and some beautiful photos.
Take care and stay safe!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sound of singing birds is so cheerful.

susan q said...

point me to your post why ken doesn't walk with you. I'm certain you must have answered that question along the way. thanks for sharing your walk!

Debi said...

I love tuna casserole but my husband does not so I almost always make it with chicken. You have a quite a zoo of animals to check out on your walks. I love the greeting you share with your fellow walkers.

o2bhiking said...

I'm enjoying the extra daylight too. I bet that your property is lovely. Have you looked into turning it into a Certified Wildlife Habitat with the National Wildlife Federation?

William Kendall said...

I particularly like that winter view.