Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Ireland Walk

A rainy walk this morning.
Left the house and drove to town at 6:40.
42 degrees with a slight breeze.
Sunrise 7:23


Walked all over town and around the ball park loop.
The loop is only 1/4 of a mile and I usually walk it twice but
today went around it 4 times.

Then on over to the cemetery on top of the hill and walked
around there a few times.
Then back to the car and home.

Pretty quite around town but Rebecca was out walking.
We just waved because we were too far away to talk.
A nice walk even in the rain.

Walked 6.2 miles

🌧     🌧     🌧

Food shopping at the Shop and Save has become our Tuesday
morning routine now that we've done it three weeks in a row.
 The only thing that they were out of that we needed was
TP of all things!! 
Stopped at the Dollar General and got it there. 🙂

🍀
The last time we were at the Library (now closed till at least Mar 31)
I picked up a bookmark with some Irish facts on one side 
and a recipe for Irish Soda Bread on the other side.
Since it's St Patrick's Day thought I'd give it a try.





We tried a piece before it even had time to cool.
Delicious!
🍀
 Back in 2006 we went one of my all time favorite holidays.
It was a walking holiday with The Wayfarers and
we walked the Ring of Kerry in Ireland.
I came across the web page that Ken had made of our trip.
Here is the link if anyone is interested in seeing it.
It sure was nice to relive that time again.


🍀

Been doing some reading on this rainy, foggy afternoon.
Read another Fanny Flagg book, A Redbird Christmas and finished it.
Just an easy read short book that I really enjoyed.

 That's all for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone 🍀

20 comments:

Tom said...

...too bad that you didn't see a rainbow, maybe next time.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for the link to the Ring of Kerry Walk.

All the best Jan

Vee said...

☘️This is the first time it has felt like St. Patrick’s Day! I very much enjoyed looking at the pictures of your 2006 trip to Ireland. I also imagined a slice of soda bread...makes such wonderful toast, too.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like a terrific trip to Ireland!

Debi said...

Your Irish Soda Bread looks delicious! The streets are pretty quiet here too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The pictures of your time in Ireland are lovely.

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a lovely trip and great memories. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. So glad you found TP!! ;-)

Dianna said...

Well, thank you for taking us on that walking tour with you. I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Your bread looks amazing! We enjoy soda bread here at our house also. Carroll is normally the one who makes it here. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Friend!

Granny Marigold said...

I've never tried to make Soda bread but it does look good. I'm surprised that one tsp. of baking soda is all that it takes. Now I'm off to view your trip to Ireland!!

Rose said...

I like how things are when it is raining...almost like a hush over the world.
I don't know if I am the only one that feels that or not, but I have always liked rain and storms.

The bread looks delicious...bread is at its best when it is still hot and the crust is crusty! A Redbird Christmas was the first book that I listened to of hers. Or read....I can't remember which I did first. Of all things, I have not read or listened to Fried Green Tomatos. Nor have I saw the movie.

Oh, that reminds me of something I may have ask you before...Have you saw Good Night, Mr. Tom. I think you would like it.

Rose said...

Love the photos from your walk!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes to you and yours, Happyone.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Fresh baked and warm bread is just yummy! I am going to check your Ireland trip. Take care and stay well. Have a great day and week ahead.

Inger said...

I love this post! A walk in the rain, baking a soda bread with a four-leaf clover on top, so lovely. It looks delicious.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Bill said...

I enjoyed your Ring of Kerry walk site, very nice. Beautiful photos!
Enjoy your day!

Adam said...

I didn't wear green yesterday but I didn't get pinched.

ellen b. said...

Yum for fresh bread. We had the kids and grands over last night for corned beef and cabbage. I was run ragged with those two little rays of sunshine! Glad you could get a good walk in. Hope you have a good store of books to read while all our libraries are closed!

William Kendall said...

Like so many other places, St. Patrick's was cancelled here.

Debby Ray said...

Visiting Ireland is on my bucket list and that bread looks AMAZING. Kerry Gold butter on it, I'm assuming? :)