Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Blankets and cups

Looked out the window this morning when I woke up
and it was dark, raining hard, and windy.
Just didn't feel like driving to town and walking in the rain again
so got my walking done down in the basement this morning.

Walked 3 miles before breakfast and 3 miles after.
Took this picture a couple of days ago.
Guess it is lichen ? on a piece of rotted wood.
Looks like a miniature garden.
All church services and activities have been cancelled at our 
church too now.
BUT I'm happy to say we can still view the services live on FB
which we did last night.
What a blessing to be able to do that!

Since Blankets for Babies was cancelled I spent the time I would
have been there making weave-it squares at home.
I made 7 squares.
Made more squares than usual because there was no one to talk to.  🙁
This yarn is not the kind I usually use for blankets and is kind of dark. 
Not exactly what I would pick for a baby 
but there are some light colors coming up and I'll just
make a random pattern with dark and light.
The yarn IS nice and soft so should be okay.


Changed the look of the kitchen window over sink
and put out my Fiestaware cups and saucers.
These are the 6 original colors and the colors I collect.
Did the usual chores around the house and a bit of reading too.
Once the weather clears up we can spend some time outside.
Have a couple of projects for this year.
A work shop shed
and a back deck.
 Then there is all the deadfall to pick up from winter to put on my fence
and to continue clearing and making new paths.
That should keep us busy!
That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🙂
Comment Replies:
Diane - There is never a lot of traffic around town but yes, I do notice there is less of it now.
HillTop - Not sure if steam will come out of the train but the stove does get too hot to touch.  Haven't had the stove on long enough to see yet, it just gets too hot in the house with it on now.

18 comments:

Rose said...

You would have had to swim to go for a walk here...well, not as early as you go. But sure has been a rainy day...the ground is so saturated.

I love those weave-it squares....love the colors.

And I love Fiesta Ware...

ellen b. said...

This is a new and different time for all of us. I'm thankful for the internet and bloggers so we can stay connected with people around the U.S. and the world! Stay safe.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! You will be busy clearing paths. That's fun!
I think babies like darker colors, too. Just a guess! LOL!
God be with you, friend!

Sandi said...

It is good we can do church online and stay in touch too. We just had a video call with my niece and her little boy. It was nice! But I will be glad when we can go back to in person hugs. 😊

You impress me with your dedication to walking! I walked on the treadmill this morning. The pollen is heavy here this time of year, so I try to avoid it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I love the arrangement in your window and I see you still have the teapot! It is raining here today too, so I haven't had a walk at all and I miss it. I sure hope I can go out tomorrow. I am glad you can watch your church services on Facebook. That is a blessing for sure! See you again tomorrow!

Nawm D Gerr said...

Love your window cups! And your view beyond! I am getting eager to get outside more too. Rained hard and stormed here in Arkansas all day! On my last hike 4 hours south, we saw a large tree (upright, and alive!) covered in ferns. They said they were called "resurrection" fern. Very strange looking indeed. Take care. Love the blanket color.

Granny Marigold said...

The Fiestaware is so cheery. I think the red is my favourite.
Too bad your weather was too wild to go walking outside but at least you got your walking done in the comfort of your home.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Your always very active Karen- nice photo of the Linchen - I sometimes use Linchen for modelling Terrain for my miniature games. Cheers. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're certainly very busy.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The lichen is pretty, I have seen this color on a fallen log. We had a rainy morning too, but the sun came out later. The Fiestaware looks pretty sitting at the window. Take care and enjoy your day!

o2bhiking said...

That's called British soldier lichen. Glad you can still do the online services.

Aritha V. said...

I love your lucifer lichen. Very nice. And your cups are klasse. xxx

Henny Penny said...

Your window looks pretty with the colorful cups and saucers. The log with the lichen does look like a little garden. It's neat. My daughter Lynn would LOVE it. The new tree limbs and twigs I added to the natural fence here sure brightened it up.

Bill said...

The different coloured cups look nice in your window.

Tom said...

...thanks for brightening my day with your Fiestaware, stay safe.

Brenda said...

I prefer to do most of my miles inside...love the colors of the blanket...love the fiesta...i have navy blue and red...gave away most of my pieces when I downsized...it is pretty heavy for me to lift the plates, etc...never realized that would be...still love the colors you have in your window...gorgeous...love your blog-one of my favs...

Adam said...

About everything is closed now.

William Kendall said...

Some of the churches here are closed up too.