Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

A busy day

Left the house walking at 6:40.
It was 38 degrees with a light misty drizzle.
Sunrise 6:55

No dog encounter as I walked to town today.
Got to the edge of town and then walked around both 
of the cemeteries a couple of times.


On the way back home I stopped to talk to the boy
at the bus stop.  

I got a text message from Ken when I was about a mile from home.
He looked out the window and wanted to warn me that he
saw 2 unfamiliar dogs roaming around.
One was a shepherd mix, the other a rottweiler.
They didn't sound like such good dogs to run into so
I called and asked him to pick me up just to be on the safe side.
So he came and got me, we didn't see the dogs again.

So I just walked 5 miles outside but I did walk the other
mile inside.

🐕     🐕

A couple more pictures from Beaver Lake when I walked
around it with David.



 While we were visiting David and Liz they showed us this 
 luxurious hotel, the Omni Grove Park Inn near where they live.
I took this back view picture from one of the terraces.
Wow what a place!!
We walked all over, inside and out.
The stone work is amazing!!
Something for Ken to aspire too!  🙂


😀     😀

Went to the library and from there we went food shopping.
Not at Walmart this time.
We went to the Shop and Save in McHenry and it was so much nicer.
I don't think we spent any more because we got lots of
things on sale and 
Tuesday's are senior discount day.

Home to put everything away and a little later we
left for bowling.
The usual 6 of us went.

Today's Scores:
I started out good and went down hill from there.
Mine:
137
118
104

Ken's:
157
116
176

We all went to Denny's after for supper.
I had grilled haddock with roasted potatoes and broccoli
which was very good.

Just about time for our ice cream.
🍨

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

Wonderful bird shots!

Tom said...

...even where there is a leash law few owners seem interested in controlling their dogs!

Rose said...

Sounds like a good day...love that stonework of the Omni Grove Park Inn. I would love to see it in person.

Granny Marigold said...

Good picture of the heron taking off.
The stone-work on that hotel is really impressive.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Another happy day for the books! I love the pictures from the visit to your son. That is an interesting hotel and the pictures you got the of the birds in flight are amazing! Thanks and see you tomorrow!

ellen b. said...

How nice for Ken to watch out for you. Glad you didn't encounter those dogs. Love the heron shots you got. Our daughter Katie and I got to each dinner on the terrace of that hotel with a view of the mountains. Such a treat. The lobby is really cool, too.

Hill Top Post said...

Your heron pictures are so good. I am a great fan of these big old birds and always watch for them when we are out walking. They don't mind the cattle at all, but when Millie and I get within sight, away they go.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You never know how dogs will react, some are friendly. Love the heron photos, we are seeing now arriving at their local nest. The hotel/resort is beautiful. The stone work is gorgeous. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great week ahead.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Love seeing the Grove Park Inn! Hope you have some more photos of your trip to show! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's a wonderful building.

God bless.

Bill said...

The birds shots are beautiful especially the one where it is taking off in flight. The Inn is really something to see, pretty unique.
Enjoy your day.

Henny Penny said...

I love the pictures. That bird taking off is amazing. It's so sweet of Ken to think about you and watch out for you while you're walking. You two are such a nice couple. Glad you came to NC. I see the Grove Park Inn advertised on TV but have never been there. You have a nice looking son. Wish you had been close enough to Louisburg to stop by and visit while you were in NC. I would have loved that.

Adam said...

I haven't been to Dennys in years.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a good day.
Lovely photographs from Beaver Lake.

All the best Jan

Vee said...

Good thing Ken’s looking out for you. Why aren’t dog owners following the leash laws! I am also glad that you have pepper spray.

You have some beautiful photos!

Ruta M. said...

Stunning picture of the heron taking off. Sounds like you had a good visit with your son, time with family is even more precious when they live far away.