Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 24, 2020

Back Home

During my little blog break we went to North Carolina
to visit our son David and his girlfriend Liz.


  Left Friday and got back last night.
7 hour drive one way.
Sunny weather all three days.
Had a wonderful time
but nice to be back home again.

Up and out of the house at 6:40 this morning.
34 degrees, calm, and cloudy though did see the sun later in the day.
Sunrise 6:57


On the way to town Ki, the little yappy dog came running
in the road after me again.
He seemed meaner than ever and only backed up a couple of
steps when I chased it. I really thought it was going to bite me
this time and had my pepper spray ready but the owner came in the
car and got him.

Continued my walk to town without any more trouble.
Saw 9 deer.
Had a nice walk around town and the ball park loop.
Then over to the lower cemetery and walked around there too
and then headed back home.

On the way home I just got to the bus stop of the little
boy who I stop and talk to if he's there and today he was.
Just as I got there the school bus pulled up.
He rides bus 46 which is one of the drivers who waves to me
all the time and has for quite a few years now.
Some days I see him 3 or 4 times in the morning.
Anyway this was the first morning I actually talked to him.
He said how nice it was to see me walking each morning and that
his name is Mike.  ๐Ÿ™‚     ๐ŸšŒ

Walked 6 miles

☁️     ⛅️

When we were visiting David, Saturday morning I went along with 
him for an early morning walk around a lake he walks around.
Here's a few pictures from our walk around Beaver Lake.













๐Ÿ™‚     ๐Ÿ™‚

Today I did laundry and did all the usual things around the house.
Baked another batch of chocolate chippers
and now have enough for the Sunday school kids this Sunday.
We had to go and do a couple of errands after lunch.
Then spent some time reading.

Now I'm off to catch up with you and see what you've been up to.
 A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone ❤️

23 comments:

Tom said...

...home is always a welcoming place to return to.

Hill Top Post said...

Your son looks like a Happy One like his mom! And, he walks, too! Oh, the joy of walking around that lake! A bit of pepper spray might teach Yappy Dog a lesson!

Rose said...

So glad to see you back, but so glad the reason you were away was something fun.

I would love to have your son's place to walk. That would draw me like bees to a flower. It is a beautiful place.

I did laundry today, too...but dried in dryer. It has rained all day. Most of the time just lightly.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Sounds like a wonderful trip. It's always nice to see our children - isn't it. :-) I love that he walks in the morning, just like his mom. Lovely pictures. Glad you are back home safely. I missed you! See you again tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

How special to go for a lovely walk with your son. He's a big burly guy just like my youngest son, beard and all. It was nice to see a picture of him ( and his girlfriend).

Joyful said...

Beautiful photos and sky shots. It is always nice to take a road trip to see loved ones and always nice to get home again. Have a wonderful week.

Susie said...

Oh I loved that you got to walk with your son. I bet that lifted your spirits. Oh that little yappy dog would get at least one spray. He is being aggressive and is getting by with it. Should have been taught better. I think one little spray will make him back away from you. You seem like such a kind person. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Sue said...

Don't you just love these special times with our children, I know you had a great walk with your son, and how about your new found friend, I am sure he thought about your kindness all through his day.
It looks like you missed our snow it fell Thursday night and by the next evening it was almost gone.

Have a great evening.
Sue

William Kendall said...

Beautiful views around the lake.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That lake yields some lovely sights, a perfect spot for a walk.

ellen b. said...

How nice to know the bus driver by name now. Looks like a great trip to N.C. and a nice walk with your son. Pretty place to walk. Welcome home!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thanx for sharing lovely photos of your holiday.

God bless you and your family.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Nice photo of your son and his girl. The photos of the lake and geese and the sky are beautiful. I am glad you had a great visit and trip!
Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead!

Brenda said...

I walk 5-6/sometimes more-miles per day. I have three bone diseases so painful. I walk in apartment watching you tube or listening to music. Some miles finished at grocery etc. in good weather sometimes outside. I could never walk on snow and mercy alone early in the morning outside. You are a brave person. I enjoy seeing your puzzles also.

Lisa said...

You were in my neck of the woods. Glad your back and had a safe trip. The walk around the lake look inviting.
Lisa

Adam said...

7 hours, I imagine I'm closer to that part of NC than you are.

Inger said...

Good times with your son, a beautiful lake, life is indeed good.

Michelle said...

Glad you had a good visit.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a wonderful trip.
That's a lovely photograph of your son and girlfriend, also the walk by the Lake looks beautiful.

Have a good week.

All the best Jan

Debi said...

Like you I love to go visit our kids but it's nice to get back home too. Your son has a beautiful lake to walk around.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you got to visit and had a good trip! I love that area north of AVL. ...a pretty place to walk too! Hugs!

Debby Ray said...

How nice it was to have visited your son in NC...it looks like a beautiful place...that lake!! It is always nice to get back home though...there's no place like it!

Vee said...

What a good reason for a blog break! NC looks like a beautiful corner of this country.