Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 06, 2020

Yarn

Driving through town on the way home from church last night
I saw that the sidewalks were icy as well as the side
roads so decided not to walk outside this morning.
So it was an inside walk today.

Happy to say though that the sun did come out today.

Did the usual house chores.

Didn't have any pictures from a walk so I took this one
of the window above the kitchen sink.
So nice to do dishes looking out at this view.


Happy to say that we still see our 5 deer out back.
Glad no hunters have gotten them.
 I don't have a problem with hunters I just don't
want them to get our deer!

Marilyn a friend from church gave me a bag of yarn yesterday.
Some of it I'll be able to use for the baby blankets
and the rest will get used for other things.
 Thanks Marilyn.


 Haven't been to Brenda's for pizza in a few weeks so we
went there for supper this evening.
Nice that they have the 1/2 price pizza on Monday.

Still working on the Noah's ark puzzle.
I like doing it but want it to be finished now so we can
start one of the new ones we bought.

That's about it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Till next time . . .
a happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room,
drawing up a list of work to be done,
cracks to be patched.
Maybe this year, to balance the list,
we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives . . .
not looking for flaws, but for potential.
Ellen Goodman

18 comments:

Tom said...

...what a wonderful window to look out of.

Vee said...

My sister and I ordered out for pizza today. It was so good. I love that view out your window and the nice deep windowsill. Glad that your deer are still with you. Do you post your land? Soon the puzzle will be done and you’ll be on to the next one.

Rose said...

I sure would like looking out on that view. I don't blame you for not walking if it is icy. I would be just like you about not wanting your deer killed. That looks like a nice little bunch of yarn...

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that quote! Also, that window above your sink is so cool. We had a garden window much like that in one of our homes years ago and I sure enjoyed it. I'm with you about not walking outside when its icy. I don't know about you, but am not that young any more ;-) and a fall wouldn't help me out at all. See you again tomorrow.

Lisa said...

How nice of your friend giving you some yarn. I’m currently trying to use mine up so I can make room for new.
Lisa

Hill Top Post said...

I love your kitchen window! And the view!

Granny Marigold said...

How kind of your friend from church to give you a bag of yarn. I'm sure you'll find good use for all of it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It feels and looks very cold where you are.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You have a lovely view out your window. We may get some snow/mix later today. I hope it is not icy. I would think the hunter should not hunt on your land. Great quote! Enjoy your day, have a happy week ahead.

R's Rue said...

❤️ the quote.

Michelle said...

That is a lovely view.

Happy@Home said...

Your friend knew just the person to give the yarn too. No doubt it will soon be blessing others. The view out your kitchen window is beautiful. Glad to know your deer were spared. Do you have to worry about hunters when walking out there?

Adam said...

I had pizza inn yesterday

William Kendall said...

I imagine the deer know they're safe around your place.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I would look forward to doing dishes with a view like that, although, I can't complain as I get to look put on my yard as well.

Jeanette said...

That's a great view out of your window! Even snow looks not too bad when the sun is shining on it!

Lowcarb team member said...

A nice view from your window :)

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

A very good idea to avoid ice!! Beautiful view from your window. We had a beautiful sunshiny and cold day today. Snow predicted for tomorrow. Hope you have a good weekend.